Need help on defenders set up

Aalnius

hi everyone right im pretty rubbish at this battledome lark its never been my thing so i was wondering whats the cheapest set up and minimum stats i'd need to get through both of the defenders of neopia things also a good setup for beating most of the basic avatar enemies.

Well for the DoN, you need at least 200 HP and the 120 boost minimum (at least 200 recommended).

DoN2 requires much lower stats, probably 80HP and 80 boost should be more than sufficient.

Cheap set includes:

Lesser Healing Scroll (if you pet has under 50 HP), Greater Healing Scroll otherwise

Pumpkin Launcher x2 or upgrade to Rainbow Scroll x2

Scarab Ring

Snowglobe Staff (freezer, sort of optional at this level), Randomly Firing Freeze Ray is the upgrade.

Leaf Shield, Patched Magic Hat for a shield

Ultranova (fragile) is a good weapon but is expensive to use continuously.

Reflectors really work well for DoN. Consider buying prickly potion and voidberry potion. For challengers like mootix, giant ghostkerchief, etc., reflectors like combo battle mirror, shovel plus, and double dryer works great.

On a very, very old account, I got through all seventeen missions of DoN with only 100 HP, 35 strength boost and 55 defense boost. It didn't require huge expenditure either, although my weapons were pretty impermanent. This is my typical set for a weaker challenger:

Purple Sticky Hand

Freezer (Ice Mote, Green Frost Cannon, Snowglobe Staff or Randomly Firing Freeze Ray)

Thick Smoke Bomb or Downsize!

4 x Water Muffin

Healer (Lesser Healing Scroll, Greater Healing Scroll, or Blue Scorchstone)

Having the abilities Burrow, Sink, and Fiery Gaze/Diamond Dust really helps. Depending on how strong the challenger is, you might want to switch, say, the Water Muffins for Brain Muffins, and if necessary a 100% freezer like Scroll of Freezing or Ancient Lupe Wand (for Lupes only) instead of a chance freezer. For the challengers a lot stronger than you, a better option would be to use Prickly Potions or Voidberry Potions. Also, for challengers that tend to do heaps of one type of icon, having a 50%-75% reflector for that icon type, or even one of the one-use potions that fully block two or more icons can help a lot.

Hope this helped. ;) Also, I did a bit of Googling and the best guide I found was /~cuckooz. It's pretty good, try it. ;D

I guess it depends on stats and how much you want to spend going through the DoN opponents. Ive heard about people beating all the series 1 DoN opponents with low stats. Series 2 is much easier. I beat all the series 2 opponents with just around 40/35/35 (hp/str/def/) and got past the 10th mission with 59/56/40. And for the set the healer could depend on you hp but depending on how much you want to spend ive seen people use Prickley potion purple sticky hand scroll of freezing water muffins(different types of muffins) thick smoke bombs and downsize!. If you want a good 1p set with multiple use weapons message me and i could suggest you a set but it would probably be expensive but i can relate it to your price range.