Well, I take back all my complaining the past few days.

April

I do. I am just really shocked and grateful right now.

We had a really bad house fire but managed to make it out okay with my dogs, cats and my brother's ashes.

I feel really stupid for complaining about being silenced now.

Have any of you guys ever had close calls?

Oh my, thank goodness everyone made it out safely! How badly did the fire affected your house?

Luckily, I've never encountered such situation before. But your experience really makes me think...

Yeah. Before I was always worried about other possessions but in the moment where we were about to lose our possessions all we cared about were the ashes.

You never expect it to happen to you. Ever.

We got lucky. There's really only damage on half of the house and it's still standing. We lost quite a few things but nothing that can't be replaced. :)

i'm so relieved you (and your pets!) made it out okay! my gosh, that's a really close shave. o_O thankfully i haven't experienced anything quite like that yet, but i definitely have had my lot of close calls. please keep us updated on your status! *sends virtual hug for you and your pets during this difficult time*

Awe thanks. *Gives virtual hug back*

I've had a few close calls with other things but this one definitely stood out more.

It was a wire that was installed over 10 years ago that started the fire.

And now we're at my grandparents and my dogs are in their glory because my grandparents like to spoil them. xD

I'm glad you didn't lost anything irreplaceable, material possessions are meaningless comparing to the ones we love. :)

I wish you and your family the best. Do keep us updated on your recovery. *hugs*

Thanks! And that is very true. No one really thinks about that until the moment.

We just managed to pay our house insurance two weeks ago too. Money's been tight so if it was going to happen, better to be during the day when we're not asleep and when we got insurance.

So a lot of things to be grateful for. =D

WOW SCARY! :(

Hope everything turns out ok for you guys. And I am really happy for you that you still have insurance. I am sure everything will be okay. Great that everybody is safe and you didn't loose anything irreplacable. All the best for you and your family!

<3

Hugs and may strength be with you! It's really through times like that, when we realize just how material things fade away. Honestly, it'd be better to realize it now, and thank your lucky stars for everything you have, instead of what you don't. Better late than never - I hope your home makes a speedy recovery, eh? :D

Glad to hear you got out ok.

Seems it's always "someone else"...then sometimes we realize that to someone else we're "someone else". I've had a couple close calls, but probably the one that had the most impact on me was a car accident about three years back; Mother's Day. My boyfriend and I were heading to the store to pick up a couple things for the picnic we were having with his parents; we hit a patch of sand (thank you, North Carolina) on a turn and we rolled the truck. I, being the brilliant (aka reckless as all get-out) girl I was, wasn't wearing a seat belt. Miraculously, all I walked away with was a few cuts, a nebula-sized bruise on my back, a kink in my neck, and a minor concussion (my fellow, who was wearing his seatbelt, was fine aside from a small bump on the head). I was a little freaked out for a while by the fact that realistically, I should be dead. While I'm quite thankful to still be taking in air...I am moreso that our daughter wasn't in the truck. And to this day I haven't gone without wearing my seatbelt. heh...

I'm glad you always wear your seatbelt now and are okay.

It's close calls like that that terrify me. I hit a deer a while ago. Not exactly a close call but it started coming up ont he hood and my car swerved for the ditch. That was terrifying.

Deer are a major problem here. They jump out right in front of you on the main high way which is a limit of 110km/hr. In the pitch black dark.

Not great. I wish they'd put fences up in my area. They do further up.

I used to be in a rebellious stage of my life where I didn't care what happened to me.

I never wore my seat belt. Until I heard a story about a group of teenagers that got into an accident. They would have lived had the one girl worn her seatbelt.

When the impact happened she managed to spin around and break all the necks in the car. So wearing your seatbelt doesn't just affect one person. I started wearing it after that. xD