Question about part 12

Divinum

In regards to when you are tending to the petpet, I'm not sure why, but I can't get the Skeith to appear and be able to move on, no matter what I do and no matter how many times in a row I tend properly to the petpet.

The guide says to 'check' on the pet once every minute. I tried in 3 sets of 12, while 'checking' 3-6 seconds after the minute mark, to prevent any overlap. However what was happening with this, is that the pet wouldn't switch, it would for example stay on hunger for 2 turns in a row, so I figured this meant that even though it was shortly after the minute mark, the pet didn't switch. I assumed this meant that the pet was gaurnteed to switch once a minute, however when it switches within that minute is unspecified.

So I tried twice more in sets of 12 (because the Skeith appears after 10, and I wanted to be sure), except this time I was going with under 10 seconds until the second minute would pass. So if I checked the pet at 5:00:00, I would 'check' in again at 5:01:52, or something close to that, so what I thought I was doing was just increasing the chance that the pet had switched by then, preventing myself from getting an overlap or a turn where the pet didn't switch whatever it needed yet.

Here are my times from the last attempt, I didn't get any two 'needs' in a row, so I can't figure out why the Skeith didn't appear.

1. 7:51:41

2. 7:53:34

3. 7:55:30

4. 7:57:24

5. 7:59:20

6. 8:01:14

7. 8:03:10

8. 8:05:04

9. 8:06:58

10. 8:08:54

11. 8:10:50

I have spent well over an hour toying with different time intervals and attempting this over and over, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why the game won't let me progress further. Any ideas ? Thank you in advance for your help, I am quite desperate to just be over with this plot at this point.

Edit: And yes I did leave the archives and re-enter in between trials to be sure that the # of attempts was reset.

Are you sure you pressed the check button when it was time before doing what you needed to do to the petpet? That was the mistake I made when I did it, so I had to to it again, but then it turned out fine.

Are you sure you pressed the check button when it was time before doing what you needed to do to the petpet? That was the mistake I made when I did it, so I had to to it again, but then it turned out fine.

I would 'check' one the times that I specified in my original post, then immediately after tend to whichever need it was, and wait another minute until I 'checked' again, and repeated. That is the correct process yes ?

I would 'check' one the times that I specified in my original post, then immediately after tend to whichever need it was, and wait another minute until I 'checked' again, and repeated. That is the correct process yes ?

I believe so, it's a long time since I did it. Maybe you should go through what you need to to depending on the picture you're shown to make sure you've got that right.

I'm more than certain I have the correct actions associated with the pictures

Well keep trying, but look at the time carefully and do it when you have anough time to.

I do believe that the time you're taking to move on to the next step is a minute too slow. :) The interval between is only meant to be a minute, not two. Also, make sure you've completed all previous actions so all four actions (Bandage, feed, medicine, check) are open to you. :yes:

Try clearing you brower cache and taking a break, before coming back and trying it out again. And when I says check once per minute, it means something like this:

11:00:00 Check on Petpet

11:00:03 Feed Petpet

11:01:00 Check on Petpet

11:01:04 Bandage Petpet

11:02:00 Check on Petpet

And so on. And here's a different guide that's also believed to be very effective. Just like this here. Don't worry, it took me forever to get it, too. But slow and steady wins the race! :D

All the best!

Don't worry, it took me ages and ages in the end I just gave up and came back a few months later. :3 I did finish it, though.

It does not. It does happen don't worry! Oh, and I got mine when I least expected it... but I got it anyway. :) If you think that you failed, go back to the office then back to the petpet to refresh it. :)

If it helps any, I JUST went through that part of the plot, & got the petpet on maybe the second try. I did it at different times during the minute, but EVERY minute, and had the same action 3 times in a row, then a different action twice in a row, & it worked. Now to get past the water plant! :grrr: