The strangest thing just happened to my computer

Piticent

Ya see, so i logged in, but the taskbar was missing! Yet, the start buttton was vivible...i tried googling solutoions, none of which wworked. finally i went from searching "task bar not visibe" to start to type "task bar not visible yet start button visible" and i accidentally hit caps lock for an A. When i hit caps lock, the task bar showed up! wierd story, i know...

That's never happened to me before... my strange computer story: The monitor kept on turning on and off lots, sometimes I had to press the button to switch it back on. The next day it did too. Then I turned the computer off at the plug, and the screen hasn't done that since.

Weirdest story, well I have one on a school computer, and one on my laptop...

School:

So I was in my 3rd period Critical Thinking (ugh...) and while I was typing, my whole screen just went black. Out of no where. Just black. So I moved my mouse, hit a couple keys, and nothing happened. I turned the monitor on and off and that did not help. So I look at the back of my computer, and nothing is unplugged. So I decide to (in class) pull out every plug. Then when I plug them all back in, the computer turns white! Then, I pressed the space key, and the screen goes back to normal... I was so confused.

Laptop:

I was on Neopets, (the AC obviously) and I was charging, (I knew I was) and then all the sudden, the battery power goes from all the way full and drops to 7% remaining! I pulled the charger out and it went back up. I restarted my computer and it fixed. But strange.

That's just weird. o.o

One time, my old laptop started playing a random sound file (a man laughing). It was the scariest thing, omg. I think it was because my mom gave it like 10 viruses (and my desktop background was changed and a whole bunch of my programs were removed).

I haven't used my old laptop since then.

Not really a bug, but my friend had been on photo booth in class, and one of the admin people froze their screen, pulled up word and asked them what they were doing. They have never been on photo booth in class again :laughingsmiley: And btw they are technically school laptops so admin can spy on us while we are within school boundaries and school time, but not what we do at home :3

Ya'll got it soo easy! Back in 2006, I once tried to change the screen resolution of my monitor through a graphical program on my computer, and it prevented me from even booting properly! I had to reinstall, and learn how to configure xorg.conf by hand to fix.

They fixed it in the next release, thankfully, but it gives me some perspective on this comic... I never had to write xorg.conf from scratch, but I DID have to edit it manually to prevent my computer from becoming unbootable.

If you go to Start -> Shut Down on my father's computer, it takes 20 minutes for the box to come up that asks if you'd like to shut down, restart, or hibernate. Then another 10 minutes to actually shut down.

If you press the power button on the tower, it takes 2 minutes to shut down. It's an issue with one of the .dll files, but Windows XP won't let me replace the damaged files with properly-working copies.

If you go to Start -> Shut Down on my father's computer, it takes 20 minutes for the box to come up that asks if you'd like to shut down, restart, or hibernate. Then another 10 minutes to actually shut down.

If you press the power button on the tower, it takes 2 minutes to shut down. It's an issue with one of the .dll files, but Windows XP won't let me replace the damaged files with properly-working copies.

Have you tried using the installation CD to repair it? Also, there should be some way to copy system files... Maybe with an administrative account.

Not really a bug, but my friend had been on photo booth in class, and one of the admin people froze their screen, pulled up word and asked them what they were doing. They have never been on photo booth in class again :laughingsmiley: And btw they are technically school laptops so admin can spy on us while we are within school boundaries and school time, but not what we do at home :3

Same thing here!

The guy froze everyone's screen and it was like PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO MUSIC. THANK YOU. Ahahahahah xD