Minecraft?

Guest RJAP

Hello! I've just come onto school break, and I was wondering if anyone plays Minecraft here? A large amount of people at my school continue to talk about 'creepers' and 'crafting benches' <_< and it's really hurting my head now... :angry:

I don't, but my boyfriend does.....I actually made him a Minecraft themed cake a few weeks back for his birthday. lol

@Evil Bunny: Surprisingly not....It's more of a building/crafting/collecting sort of game.

omg, i hate that game, don't even play it, but everybody's driving me crazy, and tells me i have to play it too.

*shoots everybody who tells me to play minecraft*, mwoehahahahahahaha :whistle:

My husband plays. (Though he hasn't in awhile.) It is a cool game, but I've yet to try it. The game perspective with the movement makes me dizzy. I can only watch him for a couple minutes before I get super dizzy.

I don't, but my boyfriend does.....I actually made him a Minecraft themed cake a few weeks back for his birthday. lol

@Evil Bunny: Surprisingly not....It's more of a building/crafting/collecting sort of game.

YIKES!! :ohno: Sounds like Farmville... :sick01:

My husband plays. (Though he hasn't in awhile.) It is a cool game, but I've yet to try it. The game perspective with the movement makes me dizzy. I can only watch him for a couple minutes before I get super dizzy.

Poor you! I'd suggest getting way away from it before you pass out. 0:)

FARMVILLE IS SUPER COOL, but they keep telling me to start playing, i'm just going to ignore them :whistle:

Honestly, I used to play, but everyone started hacking (well, they found a glitch) and I just got bored of 'plant blueberries' and 'Linda sent you a special delivery! Open and see what's inside!'

What else was I going to do, just let it rot? :grrr:

I mainly don't like the fact that the game treats you like an idiot. And that's just one reason why the most popular games are First/Third Person Shooters, because they're usually either 18 or 15 and trust that the person playing it isn't a young, naive *rude word here*! But, not as many parents that should do care about game labels being 10 years higher than the age of the person. I admit, I'm only 16 and I play 18s, but that's so small compared to the children who can't say their age, put a 'teen' at the end of it and tell the truth at the same time!

Sorry for the rant, feel free to shout your opinion at me too if you like! :yes:

Am I the first person here who's actually played the game?

Minecraft is in the first person perspective, so if you aren't the one playing it it can look disorienting - the fact is, if you're the one playing it, it's easy to expect the movements you make, so it's not as dizzying.

Minecraft is NOT like farmville or anything like that. The point of the game, is that you're a random person who finds themselves in an uninhabited world, and you have to survive. During the night, cuboid monsters come out (you can turn monsters off, which I usually do), so you often find yourself gathering resources (like wood from trees) during the day, and then you build those into tools at night. Building tools, you should be able to get a pickaxe early on in the game - which will let you dig through rock. After that, you create a mineshaft underground, and you continue to gather more and more valuable resources (Iron, redstone, eventually diamonds) until you can build practically whatever you want. People build castles, traps for the monsters, explore caves...

Essentially, Minecraft is an exploration/building/survival game.

i used to play stopped shortly after i got a job and now i can't play online because i have no internet at home :(

That really sucks :( Mostly the Internet thing - I find that I'm fine if I can't play Minecraft for whatever reason... I'm not addicted to it or anything (honestly! I haven't even played it for more than an hour over the course of this whole week! Though I played it for a few minutes at a time almost every day...), but I do really enjoy playing it. The fact that it runs flawlessly on Linux is a HUGE plus for me.

Of course, even if it weren't java, it probably would... Portal 2 even works on Linux now o.O