Reporting an inappropriate user

nailguard

Recently, I encountered a player that had a username which was quite inappropriate and somewhat offensive, especially to the younger players. What should I report this type of abuse and where would I say this abuse occurred (The two things asked in the report form)? I found this user in a keyquest game, but really the abuse occurred when they created their account with the inappropriate username.

You can report inappropriate content and other abuses to TNT here: http://www.neopets.com/autoform_abuse.phtml?abuse=report

I would report it as "profanity, sexual, or offensive content" and select the where this abuse happened as "other." Explain your report further, so that TNT understands what you are offended by.

There is no guarantee that TNT will agree with your opinion, but it doesn't hurt to report anyway. As long as you don't abuse the report form by sending in frequent or vindictive-sounding complaints, there's no harm in trying.

don't worry, I know how to report appropriately. I learned a lot from keyquest, knowing what is allowed and what isnt (ie. publicly mentioning someones username as a rule breaker= harassment)

For this situation, I cannot tell whether the person is a troll/immature player. I do not know whether the player intentionally included the offensive word in their username or not, so I kind of feel bad about reporting them.

If I try to tell the player that their username has an inappropriate word, I might get:

-reported for harassment

-filtered and detected by tnt's programs detecting inappropriate messages, etc. From what I've read, the filters are pretty harsh, and tnt's inappropriate word detection/phrase detection can be extreme.

I wish I could give more details on this forum, but if I do that, I'll get closer to harassment, and I don't want to publicly mention/label someone as a rulebreaker :(