My Photos

Skathi

I am guessing that as this section is in the general area, I can post non neopets related art in here. And as there isn't anything that I could see in the rules that says I cant post a deviant art link, so I'll go ahead and post it. :whistle:

In any spare time I get (and I'm really looking forward to Winter) I like to go out and find new places to take photos. I mostly enjoy taking woodland, castle ruins, buildings etc.

Here is my online gallery where I upload all my best work.. There is a variety of photo subjects on there.

* http://fenrir1987.deviantart.com/gallery/

They look nice, but I'm really not very experienced with photography. There's nothing all that new or interesting about them, but they do look pretty. I don't really know what you're going for.

I don't know if you intended your concert photos to be artistic or just a representation of what you saw/did, but the circumstances weren't great for photos. Lighting wasn't good and that's not your fault.

I guess...yeah...if you're just going for aesthetically pleasing stuff, you've already got it down. If you want something more, which maybe you are, judging from the titles you've given your photos, try thinking of something important and how that could be represented, then find something that represents that/those concept(s) or arranging things to reflect what you want to relate. You might try playing around with different kinds of light and color schemes.

If you're just going for something you can put on a post card, find some "god light" to include in your photos. People really love buying things with god light.

They look nice, but I'm really not very experienced with photography. There's nothing all that new or interesting about them, but they do look pretty. I don't really know what you're going for.

I don't know if you intended your concert photos to be artistic or just a representation of what you saw/did, but the circumstances weren't great for photos. Lighting wasn't good and that's not your fault.

I guess...yeah...if you're just going for aesthetically pleasing stuff, you've already got it down. If you want something more, which maybe you are, judging from the titles you've given your photos, try thinking of something important and how that could be represented, then find something that represents that/those concept(s) or arranging things to reflect what you want to relate. You might try playing around with different kinds of light and color schemes.

If you're just going for something you can put on a post card, find some "god light" to include in your photos. People really love buying things with god light.

Thanks, Its just a hobby I like doing, I have basic equipment. The concert photos aren't that good, I just put them in the for abit of variety, I don't get access to the pit to take the photos so have to take them from behind the barrier in the crowd. I also don't take my SLR camera as I don't want it to get damaged.

Usually I title my pictures after songs, but I've gotten lazy recently :laughingsmiley:

I only have 2 lenses, Quite small ones, I'm looking into getting a big zoom lens when I can afford it.

Well, you certainly know WHAT to take pictures of. :yes:

However, the techinique in which you use could use some brushing up on. Think about the amount light you want to allow into your images, such that it creates a certain effect and affects the photo. Right now, I see photos in front of me. Great subjects, yes, but the photos arn't, well, yea.

you use a manual? try adjusting the light or angle in which you take. Holly is a nice image, and so was midnight will. Forzen silence was a nice thing to take a picture of, but the atmosphere you created doesn't stirke me. All the best! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, don't use manuals, Just go out with my camera and start snapping :D

I really want to go on a photography course, but need to find the time and money.

Let me clarify - There's Automatic, and then there's Manual. xD

Yea, I know what you mean. A course will speed up the process, however, you cam just check up skills and techniques that people use on the wen. Try them out till you perfect them. :yes:

Ohh I see what you mean sorry I didn't read that right.

I usually just set it to Portrait, Macro, Landscape etc. I've never fiddled with shutter speeds or anything technical as I don't know what to do lol. Thats where I think a course would come in well.

Haha i love the Midnight Will one with the moon and the tree. Do you mind if i download it and use it as my computer wallpaper? It's fine if you don't, it's just im getting a bit bored of my Jolly Jugglers background :laughingsmiley:

And all your photo's are amazing by the way :D Imma big fan.