Finding UB Item Prices

nea

I've been trying to get my hands on a UB item lately, but there's only two lots on the trading post, neither of which list a price. I can't find a price for it on any item database, and the traders just ignore me if my initial offer is too low. They don't even reply with the price range they're expecting. I mean, there's got to be a way around this, right? Do people not bother haggling or bargaining anymore? How does everyone know what to offer for the less popular items?

you could try and send them a NM without any offer, and just ask: "I've seen your trade for (item name), what do you want in exchange for the item?" or something like that, just remember: stay polite

I've been trying to get my hands on a UB item lately, but there's only two lots on the trading post, neither of which list a price. I can't find a price for it on any item database, and the traders just ignore me if my initial offer is too low. They don't even reply with the price range they're expecting. I mean, there's got to be a way around this, right? Do people not bother haggling or bargaining anymore? How does everyone know what to offer for the less popular items?

If you are haggling, try to find someone willing to haggle with you and put in your neomail that you are expecting a reply. I currently got an unbuyable too and I couldn't put a wishlist on it. The highest price was 10 mil and the lowest was 250k or something. I can't even tell if there's a market for this book.

The thing is, just because there are fewer things in existence doesn't mean they are worth that much to buyers. You just gotta find someone that see eye to eye with you. You need to know what are you comfortable with (just figure it out for yourself but don't reveal to the seller or they might just maximize their profits) and what your bottom line is. You can always leave a negotiation telling them to contact you if they're willing to sell at so and so price.

The price thus ends up being a value of how much longer the seller is willing to wait for a better offer vs how desperate you need the item.

Yeah, what happened was that I sent a politely worded neomail asking them how much they wanted for the item. They just responded with one word "offer" so I gave a ballpark figure of what I paid for a similar item. Then I got a reply "nty." Oh well, I found someone else who put up another one of the item since then, and we ended up trading at a price we worked out, so all's well that ends well. I'm not sure what else I could have done to try and get more out of the first trader. I'm guessing he just didn't care about selling his items that much.