Habitarium Glitches

redtopaz

Does this happen to other people and is there a way to alter it?

Sometimes, not as often I've notice, pests attack my nests and my soldiers just, let them, they attack all other pests but those going after my eggs.

All of my soldiers mill in the upper left corner of my habitarium, no matter how many times I try and place them else where. It cause issues when 7 or so pests attack and just in general hard to pull my workers off the grass and tree b/c they're ALWAYS there.

The pest thing just happened, again, the second time today. I have tried to put up a fence in front of them, or other buildings but it doesn't matter, they still destroy them from afar whilst my soldiers stand on high alert and blink.

*raaaaaaaaaaawwwwwr*

Soldiers often attack the pest closest to them at the time being. So, if the pest spawn all over the place, the soldiers might not prioritize well.

One idea, which you already attempted is to separate an area for the nests, and surround it with other buildings/decorations. This probably doesn't work all the time, but its worth a shot. For my habi layout, I chose to surround my nest with loads of storages, but that doesnt mean that eggs can still break, or eggs dont take any dmg.

Another idea: increase your soldier count by hatching more solider eggs, however this comes at an opportunity cost; more workers could be hatched in the place of soldiers (workers often generate more exp). I use 3 soldiers, 1-2 nesters, and the rest workers. I generally detest increasing soldier count

Other things to do:

Upgrade your p3s, all of them to the max. The upgrade is really cheap, and yields great returns. Upgrading p3s improves all p3s of that that particular profession. In general, a level 3 soldier would fight better than a lev 2 or 1 soldier.

My soldiers tend to do that, too. They all scrump up in bottom left hand side.

Plus what's up above, if you wnat them to attack someone/something else, just pull them there. Idk, but it's what I do. I don't have any fences or decor stuff, because decor free = lag free! :D But, yea. The fences are a good idea, I've heard them mentioned before. :)

After the pest are gone in the area near the soldiers, are the soldiers confused and wondering why the can't get to the other pests? If so, this is a sign that your layout is what is hurting the soldiers from getting to the pests.

Mine do tend to gather in that one corner though, but they do get rid of all the pests as well.

Thanks you guys, :)

My layout is open, with all my buildings and stuffs on the far sides of my habie

I don't know why my soldiers do this to me, I think they just get confused b/c the pests tend to come in groups of like 5 or 6 now, and they all, kill everyone else and then stand there on high alert like, I know there's someone here? And will just walk around them.

Wow nail. I've got like, 15 soldiers.

I'ma try that.

All mootix p3s!!!! Cause it compliments my habit.

Plus I think the other P3s are ubbbbber creepy looking. And mootix look so cute when they do battle.

:D