Met a troll, now have a question.

Dcoolb

I was about to be pound lent a Whee! Pet. Level 19, Chokato Kiko. Now the problem is, someone else snagged (I think using an auto adopter, because the pet was not there for 2 seconds). I contacted the person, and they said I was mean and they didn't like me. I tried to at least talk them to giving the pet to to original owner. But he says he won't and wants to only talk to me. I thought about reporting, that would make the pet lost forever, and I do not want that. Also, I understand pound is free area there, but I mean reporting maybe for being rude. What should I do?

Out of curiosity, why didn't you use the transfer feature? It is much safer.

Anyway, unless they harassed you or said anything against the rules, there's nothing you can report them for unless you do think they used an auto adopter. If that is the case, TNT can look into it and see if they did. Otherwise...you neomailed them, so it's not harassment, and being mean is unfortunately not reportable unless it's something that was actually against the rules.

Unfortunately, unless the person will give the pet back, it's gone. As they say, pound is fair game. Unless they really did use an auto-adopter, then there is a small chance TNT will put the pet back on the correct account before freezing it.

The person who adopted is most likely trying to bait you into harassing them so you get into trouble as well as losing the pet. Don't give in to it.

I agree. I don't think TNT will do anything unless the person broke the rules (auto-adopter, harassment, etc.). Because as others have said, the pound is fair game for anyone.

Can you stand one more Neopet trading/Pound question? :) (Oh, and please leave my name off... thanks!) Let's say Sue and Bob are too impatient to wait until July to trade their Neopets via transfer, so they risk the Pound. Sue goes first and sends her Neopet, but Bob misses the Neopet in the Pound! Does Bob then have to give Sue his Neopet, since they agreed to trade? Can he say no, since he technically didn't receive a Neopet? Also, what if Sue thinks Bob was sneaky and had a friend/his side account grab her Neopet, so Bob didn't have to trade his Neopet? *head whirls in confusion* Any solutions to this mess, oh wise ones? Thank you! :)

We've provided a relatively safe way to transfer your Neopets, and we strongly suggest being patient and using that function to avoid this situation. If you are not eligible for transferring at the moment, try not to trade until you are. Remember: if you are impatient and use the Pound, it's free for all (except for purposeful scams) and we cannot protect you. You'll have to work it out among yourselves.

Editorial question with a similar situation...

Although, maybe the person will give back the pet on their own? *fingers crossed*