Species Specific Weapons

Do you guys think species specific weapons are worth the cost? I feel like they're never quite as powerful as other weapons and they generally seem pretty costly as well. I'm trying to buy some good weapons for my pets and I'm just wondering if they're worth it.

it depends what species weapons you are looking at.

In general though, a lot of the species only weapons are not very useful in today`s society. Example: In the past, when 7 icons wasnt easily available, lupes owners would often use iron lupe sword. However, the general minimum today is around 6 icon, dual duty or 9 icons offensive for a starting bd player, and can be often obtained quite cheaply.

However, species freezers and some species healers can be worth it as they are a lot cheaper than the all species freezer/healer in general. Lenny entangling lasso/lenny ray gun of freezing, the icy chia goggles are 2 freezers that are often cheaper than the all species freezers.

For lupes, there's the ancient lupe wand, and while it is somewhat fragile, it is still a 100% freezer at a low cost, and with a relatively low chance of pernamently breaking.

For healers: Kacheek life potion, elephante unguent, gelert healing remedy are pretty cheap in comparison with the bag of healing dust.

I'm not huge on the battledome, but in my experience no. My friend who works hard training his pets refuses to buy species weapons so I usually take his word on it. Though I'm sure certain items are better than others.

it depends what species weapons you are looking at.

In general though, a lot of the species only weapons are not very useful in today`s society. Example: In the past, when 7 icons wasnt easily available, lupes owners would often use iron lupe sword. However, the general minimum today is around 6 icon, dual duty or 9 icons offensive for a starting bd player, and can be often obtained quite cheaply.

However, species freezers and some species healers can be worth it as they are a lot cheaper than the all species freezer/healer in general. Lenny entangling lasso/lenny ray gun of freezing, the icy chia goggles are 2 freezers that are often cheaper than the all species freezers.

For lupes, there's the ancient lupe wand, and while it is somewhat fragile, it is still a 100% freezer at a low cost, and with a relatively low chance of pernamently breaking.

For healers: Kacheek life potion, elephante unguent, gelert healing remedy are pretty cheap in comparison with the bag of healing dust.

Thanks a lot everyone! This is what I was thinking. I don't have any of the pet species mentioned above. My main battle pet is a kougra so I think I'll stick to regular weapons. I was just curious since they seem really cool.

remember, you have the option to morph your pet by buying morphing potions. You would have to compare prices in general, but some morphing potions are pretty cheap. I turned my main battle pet into a lenny by getting a split morphing potion, which costed around 38k when I bought it.

There are other species healers, and freezers that I didnt really mention, and they can be found in the battlepedia. Its best to compare your options, before making any purchase.

Of course, you also have to compare the healers with your healing needs. With a 70ish hp pet, greater healing scroll would fit your needs in general.

I generally dislike species healers. However, there are certain species which has a resistance to certain elements. So you may want to consider that. I'm not really certain but I think the pteri is 20-30 percent resistant to air. I have read somewhere that this also goes with other species with certain elements.

_______

Finally found it:

http://www.neopets.com/~beatmetoapulp