Opinions Needed

Syrin of Neopia

So, I'm trying to make an avatar for Halloween & I can't quite decide which I like better

This is the first one I made (my current avatar)

faerie_drawn_invert-1.jpg

Just a standard black and orange, classic Halloween colors and not super fancy

& this is the new one I just created

faerie_drawn_invert-1-1.jpg

I like this one because, to me, it looks as though the drawing is carved on a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern

I can't decide if I should use one of these or come up with something completely different

If anyone has an opinion on which is better or just has a completely awesome idea they'd like to see me try and create (via Photoshop techniques only since I have no artistic abilities that don't relate to the computer)

Also, I'd be more than willing to try & create some cool Halloween avatars for other people out of their current avvies or another picture, so long as you post it with some directions . . .

I prefer the Glowing one too! ^_^ Just that it looks a bit blurry near the bottom corners, is it meant to be like that?

Not really, just an effect from the tool I was using. I may also have accidentally added a "blur edges" effect, so I may be able to go in & fix that

I like the first one better IMO. The glowing one is too... detailed, I should say. Like Ain said, its kinda blurry near the bottom.

If I can fix the bottom blur, will it be better or still stick with the first one?

I dont actually think the blur is a bdd thing, It's like a border. It's also very detailed.

However, I (unlike most others) vote the first one. It's more halloween orange to me, to be honest, and the second one doesn't make me think oct 31st, it makes me think volcanoes and lava.

But good job with both of them, anyway. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input, guys! I will keep the first one up for now &, if I can fix or tone down the blur, then I will put the second one up closer to Halloween

:)

Also, as mentioned in my first post, does anyone want me to try & "Halloween-ify" their current avatar or a picture of their choosing?

I tried to recreate the glowing effect without the blur & this was the result

Attempt 1

faerie_drawn_invert-1-2.jpg

Also, I tried again & made black corners instead of blurred corners

Attempt 2

faerie_drawn_invert-1-2-1.jpg

So which is better now, 1 or 2? Or is my current avatar still the best?

Thanks for all of your opinions, guys! I chose the last avatar, with the black border. I'm very happy with it & loved all of your constructive criticism & helpful ideas!

This topic can be closed now :yes:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.