CharleyRogan

well TDN has an awesome checklist, and an explanation for every avatar: the avatar checklist

i recommend using this one :-D

but: if you don't want a checklist or if you want another explanation, so you're able to fully understand it, the jellyneo one: jellyneo avatar guide

good luck on avatar collecting :-D

I would start with all the clickable ones (ones where you can just click on a page and get an avatar) then work on the item ones (ones where you have to do something with an item to get an avatar). Easy chance games and battledome ones and then pet ones. The random ones are really up in the air (just hope you get lucky). I'd work on the harder games last since they can take a long time to get to a certain score. By the time you start one the ones that require game scores, you should have at least 150+. TDN has a great checklist, but I like JellyNeo's list better since you can mass update it as much as you want without logging in while TDN requires login and you're only allowed to use their 1-click import once every 30 days (you would have to update the list yourself every time you get a new avatar).

Players collect avatars for several reasons:

Its a hobby of mass collection usually (like collecting stamps, items)

It improves their image: represents achievements/accomplishments (the harder the avatar to get, the more they have, the better their image in societal views)

The avatars are visible when you communicate with others (neomails, guild messaging, posting on neo board). Players have different interpretations of what looks nice, or what represents themselves well, so more avatars = more options to represent oneself.

Where do you start?

As others mentioned, start by going for clickable avatars that are free & easy to collect.

If you have lots of np, you can buy the avatar items associated, or you could use the np as collateral to borrow avatar associated items

Games: some games comes with avatars for achieving something. Working on game avatars isnt all to easy. Some game avatars are easy to get: such as nqII weakling. ALl you have to do is lose on a really weak monster in the game (plains lupe).

Clickables! :D I started out that way, too. I think a good 100 of my avatars were from them... maybe even more. :)

They're fun to collect, and the more you have, the better your lookup looks, or the more options you have to choose from when you change your avatar. :)

Yep, games are some of the hardest. Kass Basher was my first one, thoguh, and that one's easy to achieve. Item ones can be borrowed, from ALP, or bought. So the only trouble there is collateral. With games, thoguh, it requires patience, skill, and a looooooooot of tries. Unless (unlike me) you're a natural. Then I'm just speechless. :guiltysmiley:

But yea. Clickable > (item) Simple to get (e.g item costs 100np, must be in your inventory when you visit so-and-so) > Alternate between games and Lends. Be prepared for some VERY high collat prices, though, for example, For the "Chokato" avatar, the collat you must put in to borrow the item is 3.2 mil. For the "Zafara - Double Agent" avatar, it's 6.2 mil, and for the "Meowclops" one, it's 8 mil. Check this page out for lending. Playing games whilst trying for these will help you get your np count up. :yes: