Why would neopets have a problem with this.

Father of Tripets

OT: I have learnt interesting things about many people here today! :D

Basically, at that age, he wouldn't be able to understand why studying and work is important to him. He doesn't care. And because me mom and I can't monitor him whenever he is on the computer, he just doesn't get his password, because it would not allow him access to it! And it would not allow him to give it to others, either. :) I promise though, I don't steal stuff from him! I never have. I rather earn it myself, makes me happier. :)

Why don't we block it? To put it simply, my mom isnt really THE computer genius. She doesn't know how to attach files to her mail, doesn't know how to open a new tab, doesn't know how to work the new Yahoo! email. Plus, our computers are SUPER laggy. Adding one more program to it, and one she/we don't know how to use, isn't very practical.

On a side note and completely off topic: You have triplets! COOOOOL! :D

Well, I shalt address your response:

@OT: Hmm...I guess you did! So did I, too :D

@Basically: Well, I never thought about it that way...younger kids just not caring...that kinda changes my opinion a little

@Why: Um...wow. Youre right...I feel sorry for her...and you guys for the lag

@On: IKR? :cool: b) :rock: (:

@Purple Monster: You had to go find all the cool emotes, didnt you. xD

I just read something else, so regarding the "abuse" - that's straight out nonsense and in no way abuse. Some people are just....

And Karina! I was brought up the same way, too! Spanking to the age of about 11 or 12, I think. :) Looking back, I actually approve, but idk how I'll ever bring myself to spank my kids. :sad01_anim:

My opinion is that, father of triplets, you are doing the right thing.

I'm currently 19, and my parents STILL know some of my passwords. v.v I'm off in college. Now THAT is a little extreme. Fortunately they've stopped doing anything with that (mostly). I applaud your responsibility. I know that even at 12 and with the best possible parenting I was still getting in to trouble online on a trivia website I joined, I didn't think twice about telling someone what school I went to and got grounded from the computer for months lol. I was mad then, but I'm now glad about the precedent my parents set. Just make sure that as they grow older you continue to give them a bit more responsibility and freedom at the same time, my parents kinda... didn't.

They are 10 years old. I do not find this too strict.

My cousin was 11 and unsupervised online. She ended up getting a 30 year old stalker.

I do not agree with younger children having unsupervised online time. I have seen what can happen first hand.

That being said, it can also distract them from doing homework. I can bet a lot of children would say they have none and go straight onto the computer.

This also prevents the children from giving out passwords to friends which young kids do so trustingly.

I am sure when the children get older he will give them their passwords but 10 years old? I agree.

And you say under 13 can't use the boards. While this is true maybe if he does not mind them chatting with other users if he's there.

We don't know, we're not there.

I however find this to be acceptable.

But as it was said, he is not here to ask for parenting "advice" but to ask about the rules.

And as someone else suggested, I would send in a ticket. Although there is really no way TNT will know that you are knowing your children's passwords and if they have a problem with a parent keeping a child safe, after all their strict filters, then they have a serious problem. That being said, I can see them understanding in this situation.

More reason I am restricting access is when kids are unsupervised they sometimes tend to harass other people or post messages which are rude. It even happens on here. If you look at my lookup you will see a member of this site posted a rude comment about how I should raise my children.

That just, ugh.

I respect how you are raising your children.

I don't think parents are involved enough now a days.

Most children's lives revolve around the computer too much now .

That is just so rude. What the person said I mean.

Sorry, I don't speak English too often and I guess I say things not how I mean by accident.

I applaud you keeping your children safe from anything online. Like I said, my 11 year old cousin was not supervised and ended up with an adult stalker...

And just overall, people are rude. It is impossible to go on any site and not have someone be rude to you or hassle you.