Silenced, help?

April

I have NEVER in my life been silenced before. But I have a cousin who was in fact living with me and he was trolling on the boards constantly. When he got silenced. All of my accounts got shut down too. They are all permanently silenced. I have been on this site for seven long years. I have put so much effort into my main account.

I sent TNT a ticket. I am so frustrated and I just want to cry.

Is there any way TNT will understand that people do not in fact live alone and it is not fair that I be punished when I have done nothing wrong?

I got the same warning on every account saying that I continued to break the rules. I never broke any rules. :(

My cousin got the exact warnings I received.

Has anyone ever received their account unsilenced or back aafter being frozne?

I can't believe it. Even though he may be your cousin, how could TNT possibly silence all your accounts

(does your cousin use the same computer/laptop as you)?

Seriously, how could TNT do this to you when you have done nothing wrong? Sometimes I just don't get

TNT, they can be quite heartless at times, not actually listening to 'the person whose account/s got silenced'

side of what's truly happening?

I'm really sorry this is happening to you April. Yeah, it kind of sucks when all of your efforts have been wasted

just like that. I wish I could feel your pain right now. :(

TNT probably thought your cousin's account was one of your accounts. You and your cousin were probably sharing an IP address, which makes TNT go, "Oh, it must be the same person! There's no chance it could be two people using the same Internet connection! What a barbaric idea!"

The best thing you can tell them is that your cousin was living with you, and it was his account that was breaking the rules. Sometimes people use the family excuse to evade freezes/silences, so it may or may not work. I remember them saying something about this in an Editorial, so it may be worth searching for it.

I hope you get your accounts unsilenced! It's definitely not fair for you. Let us know how things work out, April.

It is horrible that this happened to you. As the others said, I would send a ticket to TNT, perhaps even include the names of your cousin's accounts & the names of your accounts so they know that they aren't the same.

Also, silencing is a lot better than being frozen so at least you are still able to play Neopets, just not use the boards & such.

Do you even use the boards? If not, you may have a stronger case to get your account unsilenced, as your cousin would have a ton of board posts from the sounds of it, but you would have none (or few) & therefore little reason to be silence.

April, you have really bad luck on this site :-(

Like everyone else said, I assume you were using the same computer and everything. How many accounts did your cousin have and was trolling with? What was his e-mail? What's your e-mail? You don't have to tell me this, but it might be good things to mention in the ticket.

*If he had several accounts with the same e-mail, and yours was on a different e-mail, that might be something to mention.

*If his e-mail has a name in it or something, and your has your name in it or something, it might at least suggest that you didn't do anything.

*Since you

You're just silenced, right? Not frozen? I mean, I know it's not "just" silencing, but at least you can still go on the site. If you prove that you're still an avid player who isn't doing anything wrong, and if you have gone on the neoboards before quite a bit without ever getting reported, then it might suggest to them that they should give you another chance.

It must be the sharing of IP adresses :/ All I can suggest is that you tell them that your cousin is living with you, but it's not your account. Proof of it will help greatly, too. For example, if you've never posted on the boards. Or, how long you've been playing neopets. It would be good to mention that you've put much effort into it (anyone can see this from your pets and achievements) and thus you would not do anything to

jeopardize to own account.

If you've never done any wrongs before, and are obviously active, then it also provides a strong proof. I hope nothing worse happens to you! Best of luck, and - I'm sorry if this sounds vicious or rude, but If i were you, I would be fuming, in fact, I AM - hope your cousin gets his just deserts.

Best of luck! :D

I do use the boards in fact. I was in an active guild on each account including a guild I had run and taken care of and now I don't even know what to do with it.

I did send in a ticket.

I'm just frustrated because they probably won't do anything. I use teh boards all the time. I'm a gifter. I lurk and gift people their dream pets. :/

Which is a huge main use of my time on that site.

If I can't chat on the site I may have to make a brand new account.

I would lose all my retired avatars. I only had three site event trophies but it's still stuff I can never get back. I'd also have to wait four months to even get four of my pets.

I have almost all of my dream pets aside from my UC dream pets.

Not to mention my account is seven years old. I have 235 avatars, which is not much but with only one transfer a month, rebuilding would be hard. And I got a couple of the game avatars awhile back and have never been able to reach the score again.

I guess I could make another account for chatting, but then I would have 6 accounts. I'd need to self freeze my sides. At least only two of them have pets I need on them.

But then I can never edit my user look up or petpages again. :/

You are right. It is lucky I am not frozen. I did not lose all my neopoints at least.

The warning has said I am silenced for breaking the rules even afte rbeing warned.

I have not been warned on Neopets for years. DX

When I was younger and stupid.

I didn't break any rules.

Bleh. Well I think I am semi quitting neopets. I will do my dailies once in awhile but I don't know.

I don't see myself ever getting lent the big three in avatars now.

Or pet avatars, since I can't neomail. DX

Is it possible that your cousin may have accessed your account and made trouble on the Neoboards after he got silenced on his own account? Even for a few minutes, like if you went away from the computer to get a snack, answer the phone, etc?

I'll return to Neopets if I get a positive reply but I doubt that'll happen./

And no that's not possible because we were both chatting at the same time. Talk about a pain.

Maybe thsi is the sign that I've played the site too much.

No. It's a sign that your cousin is a jerk. I am thinking stronger words in my head.

I'm guessing by now you've sent them a message, but that actually would be a good thing to mention to them: that you can't be your cousin since you were both online at the same time chatting. At the very least, why would you go to so much effort to get one account silenced but not the other?

I have NEVER in my life been silenced before. But I have a cousin who was in fact living with me and he was trolling on the boards constantly. When he got silenced. All of my accounts got shut down too. They are all permanently silenced. I have been on this site for seven long years. I have put so much effort into my main account.

Is there any way TNT will understand that people do not in fact live alone and it is not fair that I be punished when I have done nothing wrong?

I got the same warning on every account saying that I continued to break the rules. I never broke any rules. :(

Just be glad you were not frozen. They claimed my whole family was frozen because I had several accounts. When I tried to email them they were rude. This staff member Brandon even made a nasty comment with profanity. They did this because I was eleven at the time. But when my dad an adult contacted them they were very polite and gave back the account. I also got an email from Heidi saying that my account was frozen because people got a hold of my password when it said I was using several accounts. Then this Justin person also got rude and said I was using multiple accounts when asked for proof he told me to go to hell.

To be honest, I think for me being silenced is worse. As while I did lots on the site without chatting. I was constantly chatting, in my guilds and gifting random people when I lurked and needing to be lent more.

If I don't get my account back I will self freeze. *shrugs*

How old is you cousin. You need not to only let neopets know but your parents know as well that he is not behaving online. He needs to stay off neopets until he can behave online better.

How old is you cousin. You need not to only let neopets know but your parents know as well that he is not behaving online. He needs to stay off neopets until he can behave online better.

I live alone. With him.

In other words he is under my supervision.

So I have taken away his online privilege.

He is 12.

Oh so you are older I thought you were in your late teens. Anyways hopefully that will deter him from doing the same thing in the future.

I am in my late teens actually. I moved out when I was 15.

I have lived alone since then and he came to stay with me when he was having problems at home.

That's my main issue. Is it would take even 4 months to even transfer one pet.

I would have to restart all my avatars, and not get back my retired ones or site themes. I only have 5 site themes but all but one is retired.

I guess I can still use my silenced as my main, and chat from another account. Just close down one of my sides and open up a new one.

I'd just rather not.

My account isn't that great for seven years. But it still took me time. Decisions, decisions.

I know it can take TNT months to respond.

Do they actually look into the issue or just open it and close it?

I have not really heard of people being unsilenced or getting their accounts back.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just silenced a moment ago, and I did quite a bit of googling and I found this topic. I sent in a ticket as well. This is my second time being silenced, and it's just REALLY stupid, not even going to lie. The first time I understood why I was silenced. THIS TIME IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I'm really scared I'll end up being frozen or silenced forever, and that scares me. :c I usually don't get on my other accounts while I'm silenced and whatnot-- I tend to avoid Neo entirely. This just really sucks because we were having a discussion about why Secret Santa isn't allowed, and I didn't see how it would be possible to do it online anyway. Ugh. Sometimes I wish I could just talk to my guildies in person in a group discussion or over webcam, away from Neo, you know?

This just makes no sense at all. .___________________. Neo is really unfair. I've heard nasty stories.