Extreme Lag - Flash games/Habitarium

Van_Kelvern

So I've been having this problem where I am getting extreme lag, expecially while playing the habitarium (its gotten worse now that i bought a nc background) While playing some flash games (ie. crisis courier and let it slide) i am experiancing a very much delayed response time... and I am wondering what is causing it? this is gunna be a hard one because:

-i've just updated out adobe flash player

-we have extreme core internet, its wired and we had the cord replaced by shaw all the way to the box outside

-our computer is extreme as well, built to handle lots of gaming

-we play lots of rts games, with absolutely no lag (ie. Starcraft 2 on max graphics)

What else could it be? i've also tried multiple different browsers... there is something wrong, because if i have all this and am experiancing problems, no body would be playing neopets!

Thanks in advance....

So so the specs for our computer stuff..

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570

Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.2 GHz

Monitor: Haier 32" HDTV 720p @ 60hz connected via HDMI

RAM: 6 GB

64- bit OS

Not sure if this is relevant at all..

Keyboard: Razer Marauder

Mouse: Razer Mamba

And our computer is usually always at a good temperature, it doesnt get much warmer than body temperature even with lots of intense gaming, I know fan is probably running but cant hear it so idk :(

take a look at this guide: http://www.neopets.com/~Ametabolism#INTRO

In game:

Mute sound & music

Zoom in on an inactive area of habi

Store animated decorations and unecessary buildings in the item bag

Avoid having nc out, and avoid painting structures (even basic ones)

Block harvesting p3s with their resource tile - use 2x2 to do so effectively (http://www.neopets.com/~nailguard)

Addons:

Get the appropriate addon to reduce the flash quality. For example, ff = use grease monkey + force low quality script. They're are other alternatives like flash resizer

Computer related

Turn of screensavers

defrag computer

choose the highest power options, check power settings, and make sure you dont have the comp hibernate/turn off/sleep etc.

Disable windows update, and update windows update manually

game booster

Scan your computer, remove any viruses/ malware/ spyware, etc

Other stuff

Adjust visual effect settings

Use msconfig and services.msc to disable unwanted/un-needed start up processes. Do research before disabling anything

I wrote both guides, so feel free to ask me questions pertaining to the content.

Here's a simple solution: restart your computer.

I know it sounds stupid, but the longer you keep your computer running, the slower it tends to be overall. I played an MMORPG this morning and got a whole 10 FPS. Restarted the computer, and I got 40FPS in the same exact area. Unfortunately, this computer has issues with one of the .dll files, which causes it to take over 20 minutes to shut down. But that's a problem for another day, haha.

I find that to eb very true! About restarting your computer. Another thing is - I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but under Site preferences >Bandwidth Settings, change it to GIF/JPEG. The description is this - "Neopets has two types of map in the game, GIF/JPEG and Flash. Please select which type of map you wish to see (some computers cannot display Flash maps). The Flash maps have more detail, and can also be animated." I'm not sure exactly what it will affect, but you can try it out! :D

yes for me too. habitarium gives a lot of capacity, so when i play flashgames i never let my habitarium run because otherwise the game becomes very slow.

when i am not behind my computer i can let the habitarium run safely, mostly without problems, but sometimes the habitarium even strubbles and gives no more gems, probably because of some lag

Thanks all! I got rid of my background (sadly) on the Habi, and Edited some of those settings you said to, Nailguard. Not all, cus I don't like the total vintage look lolz, but there was some stuff... so that helped lots... and I did restart my computer... I've played a couple of games and so far so good! but we shall see... I may have spoke to soon, because one thing I forgot to mention that was happening that I noticed is I would start a game everything could be running smooth and by the time I'd sent all my scores, all the ads would be soooo laggy, it was like frame by frame each for a couple seconds.... crossing my fingers that all I needed to do though :)