Vote this post up?

Welcome Back Apathy

I just saw the "Vote this post up" feature--it's very small, so I haven't seen it before. I clicked it for an awesome post, but it said I had reached my maximum. Anyone know what the deal is? Is voting disabled for the site? Do you need to have a certain number of posts or something like that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section...I'm asking for TDN help rather than neopets help.

EDIT: Thanks for moving it! I couldn't find where the TDN questions were, for some reason.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets Help’ to ‘TDN Questions’.

That was never enabled. All of the voting maximums were set to 0 by default when the forums were updated, and we never increased it. To be perfectly honest, it just seems like the sort of thing that'd cause problems. No one has ever bothered to dig around in the ACP to find how to remove it or turn it invisible as it's doing no harm just sitting there.

Thanks. I don't suppose it would be possible just to enable the + button? Kind of like having the "like" feature on facebook. Just because I don't want to waste a post just telling someone I agree with them or really like what they said.

It's not an issue; I was mostly just curious. I thought maybe super members got to vote or something.

From what I can tell (and again, I don't generally dig through the forum's code so I could be wrong) it's an all or nothing deal. If you turn on voting, you allow people to either vote up OR down.

*sigh* Um, we seem to be getting frequent questions about this feature. Can't we just pin one of the responses? It would save a few topics...

Topic one: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/29327-vote-this-post-up/

Topic two: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/28386-reputation-0-neutral/

Topic three (mine): http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/27770-voting-posts-updown/

Just a suggestion b) Also, sorry if the post was offtopic...Brittney summed it up pretty well :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw the "Vote this post up" feature--it's very small, so I haven't seen it before. I clicked it for an awesome post, but it said I had reached my maximum. Anyone know what the deal is? Is voting disabled for the site? Do you need to have a certain number of posts or something like that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section...I'm asking for TDN help rather than neopets help.

EDIT: Thanks for moving it! I couldn't find where the TDN questions were, for some reason.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets Help’ to ‘TDN Questions’.

I was wondering about that too and I get the same response.