Negg/Snegg/ASP Training - Quick Guide

Powie

I think TDN's battlepedia isn't as informative as this one, so for those who are Negg Training, I want to share a small secret with all of you. A word of caution, negg training is expensive and is only cost effective if your pet is probably around Level 150+. If you're rich, though, then go ahead :P

Defense Training

If you're planning to train your defense together with your HP and Strength, when you start having to pay about 6-7 codestones for training (which averages to around 24-27k), you might want to take a shortcut by using Armoured Neggs (henceforth called Aneggs) to train defense. A-neggs cost around 30k each.

For those who don't know, A-neggs increase defense by 1 point and gives you a defense item (item isn't really worth much).

The technique to negg train is to get your pet to the dying state. From the bloated state, this might take a week of not feeding. Don't worry, the time spent waiting will be worth it.

After getting to the dying state, you can feed your pet 1 A-negg every hour AND one second. The pet will still be in the starving state at this point, but as long as you're sure you waited one hour + 1 second, your pet will stay in the starving state after you feed it an A-negg. :) If you're not sure, just wait it out. Starving to dying takes 2 hours.

Endurance/HP Training

From what I've heard, the same can be done with a Snegg (which increases 1-3 HP and 1-3 movement), except this time it's 1 hour and 30 minutes AND one second. I'll have to check this myself. Sneggs are the fastest way to gain HP at the moment, and worth around 245k each.

Strength Training

For strength training, I recommend you buy as much Altador Strength Potions (ASPs) as you desire. ASPs give you 5 strength per use, and you can use as much as you want without having to worry about hunger levels. An alternative is Bubbling Fungus, but these can decrease your strength as well, so I recommend the ASP.

Buying Neggs

If you plan to buy the neggs yourself (for A-neggs and Sneggs), I recommend having 3 Shop Wizard tabs open, searching for Cookie/Purple/Icy neggs. They're the most cost-effective from my experience, but they'll take a while. If you're rich, just spend the extra cash and buy A-neggs/Sneggs from people who sell them. You'll end up paying about 2-3k extra in premium.

Here are some of the basic neggs worth buying for tokens:

1 Negg Token: Negg

2 Negg Tokens: Purple Negg, Icy Negg, Cookie Negg

3 Negg Tokens: Lime Swirly Negg

4 Negg Tokens: Super Icy Negg, Lemon Swirly Negg

Armoured Neggs cost 16 tokens.

Sneggs cost 126 tokens.

Link to The Neggery: http://www.neopets.com/winter/neggery.phtml

TLDR:

Defense Training: 1 Armoured Negg every 1 hour and 1 second (Gives 1 defense point) - costs about 30k each

Strength Training: As many Altador Strength Potions as needed (Gives 5 strength points) - costs about 290k each

Endurance Training: 1 Snegg every 1.5 hours and 1 second (Gives 1-3 HP and 1-3 movement) - costs about 245k each

Good luck in your training! :D

When does using sneggs and altador strength potions seem more worthwhile then training at training schools in terms of cost?

Other than that, this guide provides decent information about negg training and such.

In terms of cost, sneggs and ASPs will NEVER be worthwhile cost-wise compared to the training schools.

However, the reason a lot of people resort to snegging/ASPs is that training just takes too long. In fact, when you've reached the higher levels the cost of a Snegg will probably be peanuts to you.

Snegging/ASPs is basically just a shortcut to get your pet to amazing stats. :) If you're in no rush to get your pet to big stats, then training is definitely for you!