What is this item? Is it worth anything?

GuardianAwesome

Okay, so I did the squid daily and I got this item.

http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=item&showitem=45502

I have no idea what it is, really, or how much it's worth. JN didn't have a price listed, and the Trading Post had one wishlist of 1mill and another for 50k.

So, I'm confused. Does anyone know about this item?

I got one too! They're pieces of a treasure map, I looked at the maps page and I have the top left corner.

Edit: I put it up on the TP saying "pure only" and got an offer of 125k. A bunch of other offers in the 20k-70k range. Within 2 minutes. Accepted the 125k offer before anyone could think twice about it xD

Yes, people are buying. Maybe I'll end up being the one kicking myself for sellingit "low" but honestly, I saw a lot on the TP in the 50k price range as well.

Yeah, maybe it is worth less than what people took it for...

Mine's up in the TP right now. I just got an offer, 75k. Might take it, but I'll definitely wait at least a little bit. It wasn't a noob, either. It was a 9.5-year-old account.

EDIT: Sold it for the 75k. If that's the stupidest thing I'll ever do on Neopets, oh well. It's better than nothing.

Yeah. I personally think that's reasonable, most treasure map pieces are worth around that much. Honestly I'm glad I got the offer I did as I saw someone else put up the exact same map piece as I had, asking 50k and I got 125k so I'm glad :)

But you don't have to accept that offer if you think you'll get a better one ^^

The end buying price will depend on a lot of factors, none of which you could know now in order to make your decision :laughingsmiley:

If it's only just released there is no way to guess how rare it is, where else it can be found other than the squid, what the pay-off is for completing the map etc.

In your position I probably would have sold the first piece too :laughingsmiley: then continued to kick myself if the price went up. I think 75k is a pretty good price for it now.

I'm collecting them all to get the daily too--I don't know where the price will settle but it's sure to be less than the lab ray. On the one hand, the prizes from the daily almost certainly won't make up for the cost of collecting the pieces...but, on the other, I'm curious and don't want to be left out!

I got a piece in today's AM and sold it instantly for 60k (and a scratchcard! Which yielded nothing :laughingsmiley: ). Am happy with that as I hear people are finding them on the SW for 20-30k, and it's probable that will continue.

I guess I will wait a week or two (and try not to die from ipatience, LOL) in the hopes that they are a lot less then than they are now.

Well reading this I feel like I didn't sell mine for enough. I put a piece up for auction and got 20k out of it. I really didn't care how much I got out of it, though. lol

I dunno if I'm going to collect them if I get anymore or sell them... most people say they got 10k from putting them together, so I think I'll sell them if they still sell like they are.

They do become a daily though, and i heard they can give out krawk plushies and draik eggs??

They give out an avatar too (which is also random drats), which means it's another one of those avatars that are rather hard to get. I've been to the deserted plushies many times (a free daily) and I still haven't gotten an avatar so I doubt it will be easy to get this forgotten shore one. Plus, the items you get, if you do get it are Stamp items, draik egg and krawk plushie. Sounds good to me, but I want the avatar mainly.

I personally think prices may deflate. I've been getting a map piece almost daily this week. If another is interested in trading a map piece for another map piece, please message me. I have a bottom left corner piece.

They give out an avatar too (which is also random drats), which means it's another one of those avatars that are rather hard to get. I've been to the deserted plushies many times (a free daily) and I still haven't gotten an avatar so I doubt it will be easy to get this forgotten shore one. Plus, the items you get, if you do get it are Stamp items, draik egg and krawk plushie. Sounds good to me, but I want the avatar mainly.

I personally think prices may deflate. I've been getting a map piece almost daily this week. If another is interested in trading a map piece for another map piece, please message me. I have a bottom left corner piece.

The prices will inflate actually. Even though you've been getting a map piece almost daily this week, it is now harder for other people to get the map. When the Draik egg was found, the maps began inflating. Piece #8 had inflated from 20-30k to 80-100k. Soon, when more better prizes come out, the map may inflate again, and we never know how much it will cost. The Anchor thing may soon stop giving out the map pieces.