Guess who got a job.

inkt

After three interviews spanning two days, lots of running around, blood, sweat and maybe a tear or two, I'm finally hired. So it's just food services at my university (probably either Starbucks or this sandwich place) but it's a job and I am content. Just so relieved to actually be employed that I felt like sharing it because...I'm lame like that. XD

Anything good happen to you guys today?

Congratulations on the new job!

Hmm, what good happened to me today? I went to Burger King and got a large fries instead of the small I ordered. Hehe. :D

Nothing else exciting haha.

You got job cool. How many hours do you have to work everyday.

It's just a part time job because I go to school full time, so probably only 15-20 hours a week, but that's fine for now.

Congratulations on the new job!

Hmm, what good happened to me today? I went to Burger King and got a large fries instead of the small I ordered. Hehe.

Nothing else exciting haha.

Thank you!

That's kind of exciting. XD I don't think I could ever eat all of the fries they give you in a large order, but still, nice!

It's just a part time job because I go to school full time, so probably only 15-20 hours a week, but that's fine for now.

Thank you!

That's kind of exciting. XD I don't think I could ever eat all of the fries they give you in a large order, but still, nice!

Lol yea I didn't get to finish them but still a happy surprise.

Are you excited to start working? Did they let you know when you are starting yet?

Serious congrats :D I know what it is like to just get a job after tons of searching and runaround interviews. Started work at a clinic a week ago and am really content. GRATS AGAIN!

Lol yea I didn't get to finish them but still a happy surprise.

Are you excited to start working? Did they let you know when you are starting yet?

I bet. :3 It's always nice to get more and be charged less.

I can't say I'm particularly excited, but it will be nice to have some extra money. Umm, not quite sure. I have to go in again tomorrow to fill out some stuff and I'm sure I'll find out then. :)

Serious congrats I know what it is like to just get a job after tons of searching and runaround interviews. Started work at a clinic a week ago and am really content. GRATS AGAIN!

Thanks!! Congratulations to you as well! How are you liking the clinic? Get along with your coworkers and everything? I'll be working with all students so I'm not sure exactly how I'll be able to handle that, haha.

I bet. :3 It's always nice to get more and be charged less.

I can't say I'm particularly excited, but it will be nice to have some extra money. Umm, not quite sure. I have to go in again tomorrow to fill out some stuff and I'm sure I'll find out then. :)

Well, extra money is always good. Who doesn't love a little extra in their pockets. :)

Well, extra money is always good. Who doesn't love a little extra in their pockets. :)

For sure. Gotta save up for all those expensive tattoos and whatnot. x_x

Congrats on the job! Consider yourself lucky, tons of people are without jobs where I am at. A little extra cash is always nice. :)

Be careful working at Starbucks! The movement in your wrists after a long time can cause some wrist issues.

Thanks, guys. :D

Ah, really? I hadn't even considered that. I'm a little scared of having to learn all the drinks at Starbucks. My memory isn't the greatest.

I worked at a Starbucks for about a year! The drinks are fairly easy to get use to, the hot drinks are the worst though! I hated the foam bit the most, I hate the smell of warm milk.

You will do fine. :)

Nice! It always seemed like kind of a fun job to me. But then again, dealing with a bunch of cranky university students who need their coffee fix...could be disastrous as well. :3 I'm glad to hear that the drinks are pretty simple to learn, just hope I don't end up spilling scalding hot coffee all over myself.

It is a fun job! Was the best job I had honestly, wish I could go back. :( The coffee is shots of espresso. The largest one I think is 4 shots and the rest is mainly milk. Espresso is nasty by itself, hence the milk. The shot has to be put in almost immediately after the shot is made. It goes bad and tastes horrible.

Mainly most of the drinks are fraps and flavors or espresso, milk, and flavor. Most of the sizes have set flavor pumps. 3 pumps for the largest drink. ;)

That doesn't sound too bad. I suppose once I go through training and everything, it won't be too tricky. Thanks for the encouragement. ^_^

You are welcome! :) After working thre for awhile you seem to have an expectation on how drinks are made after that though. XD

Also congrats on the 400 posts!

Oh, I bet. I know nothing about food service at the moment so this is going to be a huge learning experience.

Thank you!