Rate an avie I made?

Hannah

Hi Guys! I just made this. I used my music brushes only. It took about 10 mins. What do oyu think? Rate it out of 10. Comments appreciated.

hannahmusicaviesy5.gif

well as ive said i really dont think a graphic should take only 10mins, the only exception being if it was sketched out and designed on paper before hand.

its easy to read music and loves but hannah is hard to read before its over a busy spot of the image. again i suggest just playing around with things and trying out several ideas before deciding on one, this goes for any type of creation process as out 3rd idea is usually better then our first.

Well, she was busy talking to me at the time. Hannah always pus friends first. *tackle hugs Hannah* So that gives a reason why it might not seem so good to you. Anyway, it's just your opinion and people have different tastes.

Well It's a simple avatar.. why would I sketch it out? The idea came to me and I made it.

About the music thing.. it's not your place to say. I didn't say "Rate the text". (In response to Webpixies post)

Thanks Mira.

Thanks Ellie. Unfortunatly I closed it! When I make another one like it I will take your advice.

i wasnt rating what it said, i was talking about the placment of it. when you put small text on a busy background it can be hard to read. why do you take my comments so personally?

and mira i didnt say she wasnt good i simply think she should put a little more time into her graphics

If I didn't post the time you wouldn't know. So I don't think you should be saying that I should spend more time on my graphics

but your missing my point, im not saying that becuase of the outcome i AM saying it becuase you say it. im suggesting this as a general design concept. even my college teachers told us that when coming up with an idea or forming a design we should come up with several ideas and layouts, sure somtiems the original idea would be the best however usually its not. i think you would be very suprised at the ideas you can come up with after actully working through them visually and playing around with your images.

Well, with the program she, has, that's pretty good. She doesn't have the graphics program that's really easy. And some people have more experience, therefore it's easier for other people. Hannah was rushed, I was with her at the time. It would be easier to understand if you were with her at the time. But Hannah was so nice enough to rush it so I wouldn't be alone. That's a true friend there. smile.gif She really tried and for that, her effort and result rocked for the circumstances she was under, that avatar kicks major a**!

• 4 weeks later...
but your missing my point, im not saying that becuase of the outcome i AM saying it becuase you say it. im suggesting this as a general design concept. even my college teachers told us that when coming up with an idea or forming a design we should come up with several ideas and layouts, sure somtiems the original idea would be the best however usually its not. i think you would be very suprised at the ideas you can come up with after actully working through them visually and playing around with your images.

I agree :yes: The more time and devotion you have to it the easier and better it turns out.

My comments:

Kinda flat - needs something to make the image pop or appear 3Dish

Try messing around with different fonts, styles, and placements of text

Note: I usually make a couple versions of an avatar before I find what I'm looking for.

Not bad for 10min...

8/10

My comments are that the texts are really too small but the background seems nice, but I think the bottom part of the avatar is a bit too boring with the notes same as above but actually has nothing on it. Just personal opinions. :yes:

Sorry, but what is the font of the text on the avatar?

EDIT: Oops, forgot about the rating. I give a 7/10