Habi Question(s)

followthelieder

So I saw in the other locked thread that someone fenced off their resources so the P3's could just work continuously.. They don't need to go to the storage? Is it just a useless animation that doesn't affect the amount of resources you get?

Also, regarding the nest building/deleting - do you basically just "farm" the nests so you can keep deleting/rebuilding for exp -> jewels? That's what I'm assuming, but please correct me if I'm wrong and affirm if I'm right :) Keeping this in mind, you should have a high population of workers and moderate nesters and low soldiers, right? Do you find that you rely on deleting eggs a lot for exp?

sorry for the noob questions, I just started habi yesterday :)

They don't need to go to the storage. It actually slows down the game when you have a lot of p3s on the board.

I have 4 soldiers, 3 nesters and the rest soilders. When i started though i had 6 nesters to build up the population in the bag. After that all that i do is build, level up my nests, then discard them. I don't like to delete a lot of eggs for experience because you have to sit and watch your computer all day. I prefer to only check it three times a day. when you wake up in the morning, once during the day and right before bed. (I do leave mine all all night)

They don't need to go to the storage? Is it just a useless animation that doesn't affect the amount of resources you get?

Yes, when you see the +whatever xp, the resources harvested is already counted and the animation just creates lag when you have a higher population.

Also, regarding the nest building/deleting - do you basically just "farm" the nests so you can keep deleting/rebuilding for exp -> jewels? Do you find that you rely on deleting eggs a lot for exp?

I prefer not using discarding eggs as a way to gain exp although the value seems higher (200xp) but hatching it is (30xp hatched + 150xp at the end of full life span + automated harvesting of a lot of xp) probably more valuable. Of course, when you have a higher population (I have 46 max), then have a few nesters don't hurt so I can continuously replenish my workers, soldiers, nesters in small batches. It's pretty tough when all of your p3 die at once and you have to wait to hatch a population asap.

Keeping this in mind, you should have a high population of workers and moderate nesters and low soldiers, right?

That's right. I am at level 50, 46 population max. I have 8 soldiers, 4 on duty, 4 for resting/backup, 9 nesters and the rest are workers. You can keep less than 9 nesters. I like 9 because I like to have 3 of each species and I can farm for the workers faster, since I have such a high ratio of them.

I prefer not using discarding eggs as a way to gain exp although the value seems higher (200xp) but hatching it is (30xp hatched + 150xp at the end of full life span + automated harvesting of a lot of xp) probably more valuable.

Not to sound rude but your logic on discarding eggs seems super flawed. First off each egg you discard gives 200xp not just one. When you upgrade your nests to level 3 and your nesters to level 3 you can hatch an egg in i think just under an hour. And you still get the 150xp when they die if they are a nester, soilder or a worker. So that part of it kind of goes out the window. It is just far more labor intensive to do it this way over having more workers.

It's pretty tough when all of your p3 die at once and you have to wait to hatch a population asap.

I agree that nesters are important but you should just not have a full population and you just save the eggs you need. I have 6 pages of eggs right now and my three nesters are doing more then enough to replenish my stock when half of my population dies at one time (which trust me they do).

I have 8 soldiers, 4 on duty, 4 for resting/backup, 9 nesters and the rest are workers

I don't understand the necessity of having 4 soilders as backup. When they are tired just throw them in the barracks. If those pests come then no matter how tired they are throw the soilders out to kill them and they will do it. They might fall asleep right after but does that overly matter? You could have 4 more workers working constantly.

I am sorry to do this. I just have had a lot of experience building my habi from level 1 again.

You're absolutely right on all counts.

The animation is useless, P3s don't need to go to the storage to harvest resources. Building and discarding nests is basically farming them for the XP and gems.

I keep 4 soldiers, 6 nesters (I store about 4 pages of eggs and discard the rest) and the rest are workers, trapped next to their resources.