Neopets down for maintenace?

Cookie_

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to come and ask the exact same thing, so I don't think it's just you, :P. I can't get anywhere. My habitarium wouldn't load and I was terrified I might be locked out, but if it's the whole site I'm hopefully okay.

I wouldn't be so sure. The last time I got locked out of my habi was when they took it down for maintenance. I got locked out and couldn't get back in. I had to start all over.

It says it is still down... Come on i just wanted to fix my habi then i had other things to do.

It will go onto the home page for me but wont do anything else :/

I managed to get into Tyrannia and then get the Wheel of Monotony on AND spin it, but then it suddenly said "An error has occured" and I couldn't get on anything then :/

I've managed to get on my inventory now, fingers crossed :P

Edit: No luck, can't get anywhere again :(

It better get back up soon, because I can only stall by playing Treasure Keepers for so long. :P

And whoever said their trophies are gone, I also noticed several problems with my account data. The few pages I was able to load were all wonky - it had nothing saved under my favorite games, and had removed the PIN requirement from places where it was just yesterday.

I managed to get into Tyrannia and then get the Wheel of Monotony on AND spin it, but then it suddenly said "An error has occured" and I couldn't get on anything then :/

I've managed to get on my inventory now, fungers crossed :P

Edit: No luck, can't get anywhere again :(

I managed to get to the inventory but whenever I clicked on say food, the window would popup but would say "Good Chrome could not connect to neopets.com. Other users are experiencing difficulties connecting to this site. The problem will be fixed in a few moments." I was thinking yeah you said that an hour ago - _ - I would've thought TNT would notify the players before taking it down.

I was afraid it was just me. I had my habi running all night and when I went to check on it, it said I wasn't logged in!

I was terrified. I used to do naughty bad things on another account, then I got clean and went back to an old account and sent messages to neo telling them what I did and how I did it. Actually, I went onto a certain naughty bad site that shall not be named today to see, and they were talking about getting into the server several times this month. Perhaps the neopets server is just trying to protect itself from naughty bad people.

Anyway, I'm hoping the site gets back up soon. I can play Treasure Keepers while I wait, but I need those 5scores per day. I'm poor. Lol. I suppose I should actually do something until it comes back up. :P

I'm just listening to my usual 3DG music and posting on here.

Oh and, dA and some other stuff :P other than that,

waiting for Neo is awful.

I think they really need to stop having random periods for 3 hours+ maintenance every week if they want to stop losing more players.

Yep, they've lost too many actually.. hence the online count.

yes, i hope that it will be online quick and works fine.

i have read it can also be bad for the health if the site is down.

if you want to play very badly, but you can't play then your blood pressure can increase.

gladly the TDN site works so we can look around for some interesting information

Guest iYoshinho

Neopets run their own servers. If they were doing maintenance then there would be a red pteri. Since there is not, they are pretty well open to attacks that bring down their servers.

If they were doing maintenance then there would be a red pteri. Since there is not, they are pretty well open to attacks that bring down their servers.

Oh, I forgot about the DFM Pteri. Perhaps it is an attack, or just a dysfunction? we might never know o;

Guest iYoshinho

Neopets has run their own servers for a long time and only now they have been having problems. Maybe just people are DDOSing Neopets. (DDOS is a type of attack that sends so much traffic to Neopets to make the servers crash)

Neopets has run their own servers for a long time and only now they have been having problems. Maybe just people are DDOSing Neopets. (DDOS is a type of attack that sends so much traffic to Neopets to make the servers crash)

It seems like they would need alot of zombie computers to do that. I would think a multi-national website would have a stable enough server that would allow them to survive most DDOS attacks. Anyway, why would someone DDOS neopets? That doesn't make very much sense. LOL.

Guest iYoshinho

It seems like they would need alot of zombie computers to do that. I would think a multi-national website would have a stable enough server that would allow them to survive most DDOS attacks. Anyway, why would someone DDOS neopets? That doesn't make very much sense. LOL.

Maybe bad support, no plot. their account got frozen etc.