Battery?

khaos

My laptop has often been screwing up lately. sometimes it has been saying that "no battery detected" in the bottom where it says what percentage of your battery is and if its charging. It also doesn't work unless it is charging.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7.

Also, yesterday, my laptop fell from when i was picking it up. If fell a few inches and landed in the position as if you were using it.

Please help!

Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? I had a dell before my current laptop and I found there were too many issues that I needed to keep getting repaired (my screen would flicker).

Hope you solve your issue!

OK, I have a Studio, but I'm gonna take a guess, as it is a Dell too. Look beneath the screen. See that thing that's (i think) holding the computer at an angle? That should be the battery. There should also be a thingy to slide. Slide it, and at the same time, pull the battery away from the computer. :) And thats how to take it out (assuming I'm right ;))

If I'm wrong, ignore this post :)

you could try going to the dell website, see if you can get help there. I also have a dell inspiron, and that's usually where I get help.

I use Compaq and my laptop doesn't even start when its not charging! Your laptop's battery is most likely dead(not completely). That means you'll have to change the battery. This type of thing usually happens when your laptop is left charging for a long time even though it has 100% charge.

So I suggest you change your battery. Take your laptop to a computer shop and change it. Its quite expensive I think. :mellow:

Just so you know, my laptop's battery is located underneath and you need to slide this thingy and the battery (which gives the laptop half its weight) will fall down. If you wanna remove the battery, close your laptop and turn it so that you can see the under side of the laptop. There'll be this sliding part (it looks quite small) which is easily noticeable. Slide it and your battery will come out. Then, just insert the battery the way it was and push it in. :D