Have Nerkmids deflated?

justmelody

So I got a basic platinum nerkmid from the Wheel of Extravagance (my new, most expensive hobby ha) and was super excited because I was under the impression they were terribly expensive. The last time I checked, the most basic nerkmids were like a million each, and this is one of the higher end ones. I checked the TP and found that mine and all other nerkmids I checked were going for between 100k and 200k tops. :-( So... much less exciting than I thought it was, I'm still ahead of the game on this one (or would be had I not opted to instead go for the vending machine avvy <3)

So my question, after my incredibly long winded wind-up, is have Nerkmids deflated recently or was I insane to think that it was semi recently worth a ton of NPs? My theory was that they deflated from being given out as Wheel of Extravagance prizes, but I'd like to hear from someone who has been paying more attention to these things than me (ie more than none until ten minutes ago.)

Thanks! (Also I apologize for being so verbose in a post that probably could have been a single sentence, haha)

Here's my theory why. Since nerkmids are rare, it'd make sense it'd be more exclusive. Plus, it used to be highly popular, therefore the price is high. But since the price has been high for so long, and I heard rumours that the prices are not worth it unless you can the avatar. The demand probably died down. The price remained high because it was rare. How that the wheel is distributing these, and there are more sellers, the demand hasn't changed at all hence the drop in price.

Perhaps if the neopia population feels desired to get nerkmids or be convinced of its value, the price is not gonna go up again likely. Someone's gotta be using them for them to continue have a high price. You can hold onto it longer and observe the market.

How semi-recently are you talking? I do know that REs giving out nerkmids are becoming way more common, I had a friend (who is on neo all day) get two nerkmid REs in one day. I bought two nerkmids at the beginning of summer, late june maybe. I got one for 100k and one on the AC for 60k...this was nearly two months ago, so they've been deflated for quite a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a RE recently for a nerkmid and I just decided to use it - I won 25,000 k and an even better (yet still basic) nerkmid...the prizes for that one didn't turn out as great. :guiltysmiley: It's quite addicting though, and if you get them for free there's always benefits as it's a little hard to sell nerkmids and I'm lazy. :laughingsmiley: