Why?

The Meepit Commando

2 questions- What happened to GCFYP's price, why did it go down 15-20k(I bought one for 80k hoping to resell it for a profit, only to realize they are now 70k)

Also why are Orange Koi MPs 10X cheaper than Red Koi MPs?

Oh yah, It does, I forgot because I never won any <_< , anyways thanks for the quick response, but does anyone know why Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet 20k is cheaper.

I think a lot of people hoarded that book in hopes of selling it for lots of profit this month. But now a lot of people have already gotten the avatar and these hoarders have no one to sell it to! So now the prices lower.

It's just supply and demand. :yes:

Wow, are they down that much? Well I'm definitely not selling mine this year again. I've got 2 extra that I beleive averaged out to about 100k a piece when I bought them last year. I suspect they are way down like every says because of supply and demand. This past year I have seen the book restocked a lot more often than the previous year so there are probably tons out there that people are trying to dump, case and point my still 2 extra...

It's true lots of people hoarded them to sell, but I'm sure a lot of people bought their own copy in advance. That definitely lessened the demand. Maybe I'd have gotten it cheaper if I'd waited!

I think the Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet, is cheaper now because a lot of people ran out to buy it on the 1st of August, especially those avatar hunters, and me, I bought it on the first of august and paid like 110K, it's not so in demand now. You could always save it for next year and who knows it could be like 200K by then.

The neopet world is just like the real world, sometimes prices go up and down depending on ask and demand and depending on special events where a lot of people want them.

and if it is an avatar item then even if the rarity is not high the price can be higher than other things with that rarity, just because more people want it

Yeah I was surprised by that as well. I bought mine a few years ago before the avatar solution was known (but the book was suspected to be involved so I bought that along with a few other items that were potential winners also) and then stopped playing for 18 months or so, and on returning last month looked them up in the TP first and was surprised at the price.

At the time that I bought mine I spent well over 100k for it (from memory) and I considered getting a few. Glad I didn't LOL.