Coming back to Neopets after 4 year break

No2h

Hello all, I'm No2h aka Nick. after a few days of being bored on the Internet, I remembered Neopets and now I want to get playing again. Problem is, last time I played I was like 12 and was never really good at it xD. I have been reading up on some articles and I have concocted a plan to return as easily as possible, so to speak. My plan is to get the lab map and try to zap my pets into some cool colors. I checked my deposit box and I have 4 of the 9 pieces of the map and 17k Neopoints in the bank. Unfortunately, they are the 4 cheapest parts, so I have to make about 550k more to afford the rest, and I have no idea how to make money, most I ever had before was like 150k. I'm assuming that games are the best, if not most straightforward way. So I was wondering what the best games were to make money, of if there were any other ways to make money with little money to start with. Also, I have a blue Jetsam named Suvx, I don't know if 4 letter names are rare, but I wanted to know what he was worth, if anything. Thanks, No2h. PS. I apologize for any grammar issues and lack of spaces, as I'm typing this on my iPod.

Welcome back. It is the game that never seems to go away. I also quit basically for years before coming back to find my account still active :D There is a huge missing gap of plot trophies as a result on my lookup :(

ANYWAY. Neopoints.

If you look around on the forums, there are tons of golden nuggets of information on making np. I personally play with the stock market and the habitarium. In just the past day, I made 130k neopoints on the habi with virtually no effort. The stock market is slower but even more effortless. You should have the neopoints already there to invest though.

Those are my nuggets. There is a lot on other posts if you look around. Someone posted a list of easy NP games recent on another topic concerning someone that really wanted a baby paint brush.

Welcome back :D If you need anything else, feel free to post.

Hey Nick! I'm Kolya and welcome to the forums! I've been playing Neopets for..over 11 years now which is difficult to admit at times but anyway, here are some tips and stoof, haha. (The community will no doubt be very helpful in getting you back on your feet.) If you're dedicated to getting that lab map, you should be able to do so in no time at all. Games are most definitely the best for new and returning members. Keyquest and Habitarium are some of the greatest moneymakers for me, and you can find guides for them right here on TDN. As for other games that will get you Neopoints quickly, check out JubbyJubJack's petpage, which another user here just recommended to us the other day. :) I'm not really good with trading pets (or knowing the value of them) but four letter names are usually popular and I think trade for some of the lower painted pets. If you're interested in adopting at all, I run an adoption agency called Velvet Spacetime & Diamond Meadows which you can check out by clicking the banner in my signature. Hope you have a good time here!

My pleasure. :) If you ever have a question or anything (well, asking on the forums is great) but feel free to send me a message, haha.

I don't understand why you would use a petpage when TDN has a great dailies page. It also gives you a list of some easy, fast games that you can do to get over 100k a day. Good luck getting your lab map. I have three and love them.

Woah. Props to you Raj. Way to welcome him back :D

I guess you could call it nice...or you could call it having too many NPs :whistle:

Now you are just tooting your own horn way too loudly ;)

Now you are just tooting your own horn way too loudly ;)

Hehe, I wanted one moment of glory, I'm off to switch all the avvies in my sig to FEEPITS. 8D

Edit: I do love me some feepits ;)

Thanks again for the paintbrush Raj, I was looking through all the pets; but I'm not all too crazy for any of the converted Darigan pets, so I'm gonna sell the PB and buy a Faerie PB. I'll use that to paint my new Bori Faerie. Then I'll use the leftover cash to buy the rest of my lab map pieces and begin zapping a lab rat and see what cool colors I can get :) I'll then continue to do my dailies and games to try and stockpile a nice stack of NP so I can one day get all my dream pets. I'm looking forward to my future on Neopets and making tons of new friends. Don't hesitate to Neofriend or Neomail me; I'd love to get to know new people and make new friends :D Cheers, Nick

It's very overwhelming, there's so much I can do, and I don't really want to spend alot of money until I know I'm absolutely in love with a particular pet. I think right now it'll probably be best to stockpile valuables and NP and hang around the community until I find that certain pet.

Welcome back! I'm much more sporadic than you - I've been playing on and off since second grade (so about 8 and a half years), but I always come back within six months to a year. I've probably gone through like 4 accounts in that time haha.

Definitely don't rush with picking a pet! In fact, I'd advise just making and saving as many NPs as you possibly can before some sort of goal (like a pet or an item) presents itself to you. Maybe it's because I'm frugal in real life, but I like to save as many NPs as I can and get my bank interest rate sky high before I spend it all. ;)