Is God an Alien? (Part II)

PinkSky777

So someone here already started this topic, but the topic became blocked, so I'm starting another. I'm not saying what's right or wrong but just presenting my view. :)

Can God be an alien? It's an intelligent question of an inquiring mind.

Definition of Aliens/God:

To be sure we're all on the same page...

God: An all-knowing, eternal being who created our universe.

Alien: A being (not a creator of the Universe) from outside our planet.

Accuracy of the Bible

The Jewish and Christian bibles are the only religious books with accurate, fulfilled prophesies - ancient scripts (like The Dead Sea Scrolls) found show that these prophecies were written long before being fulfilled. We also have amazing evidence uncovered, such as what we now know was going on in the sky the night Jesus was born... and when he was crucified as well (The Star of Bethlehem DVD by Rick Larson). It's hard to deny the power of the bible. So.... we can conclude that the bible was written by an "all-knowing" source.

Was this all-knowing source an alien or group of aliens?

If so... Does this mean the Big Bang theory is correct and that this universe was created out of nothing? Our universe and world is so beautiful and so amazing. That this all happened by chance would be astounding.

Did these aliens write the bible?

If they traveled back in time (and so far, we only know of being able to travel to the future as being possible), then they could have written about what was "going" to happen in the future. But.... the miracles and amazing events of the bible wouldn't just happen on their own. This means that these aliens would truly have "god-like" powers. If they decided to write the bible and then create all these "miracles" to make the bible seem more believable, wouldn't there be a good chance that these added miracles could then alter the course of history and mess up their written prophecies? Or, they would have had to live through all the events of the bible, plus create miracles, and then go back in time and write about it all. There are NO false prophecies in the bible. These aliens would have had to get it all perfect.

Aliens would have had to put an enormous amout of planning and thought into the bible before writing it (or planning its historical layout). It's unbelievable how many complexities there are in the bible - it required an infinite amount of forethought before being written. It's like a big puzzle - you can take apart the pieces and find many ways to link them all together again with the enormous amount of symbolism. These aliens would have had an enormous amount of work cut out for themselves.

Alien(s) with god-like Powers?

So if the bible was written by an alien and not an all-knowing, eternal God, then it means that somehow, an alien species evolved to have god-like powers. Most likely, there would be more than one of these god-aliens though, right? Why would they not want to make mention of this in the bible? Why would they have us believe that there is only "one" true God? Would all of these god-aliens really agree to this? Would not at least some of them rebel? Suppose they "all" agree, wouldn't there be a good chance that there are other god-like aliens in the universe? Why haven't we heard from them? Why would these god-like aliens lie and say they created the universe as one God? Why not just say who they really are? And again, for these god-like aliens to exist, then the Big Bang theory would have to be correct in that this enormous, wondrous universe was all created by chance.

My personal take - I am a Christian, but I'm also a thinker, so this theory once popped into my head as well. The way I see it is that I don't believe this incredible universe we live in could just happen by chance. I believe there is a God that created all of this, and I believe Him to be all powerful. I can't fathom an alien, or any creation apart from God, as having this kind of emense power. I have also had too many occurrences in my life where I knew God was with me and that He saved me from certain events - it's hard for me to believe that an alien culture would take such an interest in me as to supernaturally intervene and rescue me, and what about all the millions of other people on the planet that God was helping at that same moment? Is it possible that aliens could really have such god-like powers? What about the accounts of people who claim to have died and seen heaven before coming back to life?

Faith - It is true that we can't know for certain. What it comes down to is what you choose to put your faith in. I'd rather put mine in God than aliens, and if He does truly exist, I believe that having an open-mind and asking Him to show you the truth and to reveal Himself to you is the way to go. If you feel His presence in your life, that's a good sign.

Concluding - And not that aliens don't exist.... there is the theory out there that aliens might be "fallen angels." They would certainly have the power to do things that we think of aliens doing. And who knows... maybe there are aliens on other planets... the Bible doesn't speak of it, so we have no way of truly knowing.

Anyway.... I have pondered these questions before, so I thought I'd give some thoughts. Would love to hear from others. And one more thing, regardless of how the bible came about, we are seeing its events and predictions unfold before our very eyes... we should all definitely be alert and seek the truth so as to not be deceived in these times. I know who I'm putting my faith in!

I'm honestly quite confused as to why this is your first post on a Neopets forum. Just saying.

...Better question. Are you a Scientologist?

Also, sure, the Earth is amazing. But so are the other planets in our solar system. If they, too, had miraculously had the exact conditions to support life (like Mars may once have had), they would be just as amazing after a few years of Evolution. So really, Earth is not that special. I understand feeling the need to justify our presence and superior intellect, though. Life sucks.

Anywho, I think everyone knows a bunch of humans wrote the bible, whether they had "divine intervention" or not.

Anywho, I think everyone knows a bunch of humans wrote the bible, whether they had "divine intervention" or not.

I do believe in God, and even if a bunch of people wrote the Bible the accuracy and proof of it is amazing. Example: In the Bible there is a story of Noah and The Ark, where the world was flooded, the Bible has a clear description of where it would be at, and recently some evangelical Christian explorers claim they've found the remains of Noah's ark beneath snow and volcanic debris on Turkey's Mount Ararat. Where the bible said it would be. Also there are some prophesies in the Bible, and all of these prophesies were made hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years before Jesus Christ was born. Looking in the face of how He literally fulfilled them all. Taking just 8 out of 300 prophecy would require someone to fill the state of Texas two feet deep with gold coins, then throw in one single silver coin, mix all the coins up, blind fold someone and have them pick the silver coin. And we are only talking eight...

I found this website here and it tells how accurate the bible is in a little more depth.

Yuika,

I am not a scientologist. I am a Christian, and I consider myself a non-denominational Christian. As for your "life sucks" comment, aw. :( Life can certainly be confusing at times, but I do believe we're all here for a reason and that we each have a purpose to fulfill (whether we ever realize that purpose or not).

dcoolb,

Great website! Thanks for sharing! I agree with you in that the bible in unbelievably amazing in its accuracy, and we are still seeing its prophecies being fulfilled today. In my mind, the accuracy of the bible is not in question. It definitely makes more sense to me that it was all inspired by God rather than aliens from another planet!

I came across a couple articles that address the topic at hand - great info for anyone interested!!

"Designed by aliens? Discoverers of DNA’s structure attack Christianity"

http://creation.com/designed-by-aliens-crick-watson-atheism-panspermia

"The UFO phenomenon—growing and not going away!"

http://creation.com/ufo-phenomenon-growing

"Water, water, where are you? Confusion reigns on the Martian surface"

http://creation.com/water-water-where-are-you

If humans are so special, why aren't other animals who are near our mental capacity but have not evolved quite as far as us, such as dolphins, chimpanzees, and elephants? What's their purpose? Of course everyone has their own place in society; I wouldn't call that divine intervention giving us all a purpose. Some people become doctors; some, miners; some, teachers; that's just how a civilization works. It must be nice to believe that you're a super-special chosen one, but in reality we're all just animals who evolved farther than the rest. We're lucky, regardless.

I skimmed the prophecy website that was posted, but I did not see any specific examples of a 'prophecy' coming true; might have missed it. Though I'm sure you're aware that many people have made excellent predictions that eventually came true, regardless of religion. It's not difficult--if you make hundreds of guesses, that a couple come true--especially if you base your predictions on the world and how it is likely to end up. Science fiction writers do this all the time. As for historical evidence of some of events of the bible, I believe it's completely possible for some or many of the events of the old testament to be exaggerated portrayals of real events, twisted slightly to sound like God had a role in them.

I did see examples of proof of Jesus' existence, which I never doubted. He was an important historical figure, no doubt.

Anyway, I'm probably done posting in this thread; I sound kind of incoherent anyway. I will say, however, that God being an alien makes more sense than God being omnipresent.

haha, Yuika, you don't sound incoherent. What you do sound is intelligent and open-minded. I'm glad you're at least considering things from a Christian perspective. It's good to look at both sides. I had doubts for a while and wasn't sure what I believed. When it comes to faith in God, I think it's essential to question what you believe/have been taught.

My favorite prophecies in the bible are probably those concerning the Jewish nation. Below are prophecies currently being fulfilled. The bible predicted that for hundreds of years, the land of Israel would be most desolate and barren, until re-established by the Jewish nation. This did happen - the land of Israel is now flourishing with agriculture. Before the Jews came back, it was hard to get anything to grow there. Check out this google search to see articles mentioning this about the land: http://www.google.com/search?q=israel+barren+until+reestablished&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_en. The fact that the Jews were able to bring the Hebrew language back from the dead is also very amazing, and if one really, really digs, the bible actually gave 1948 as the year that Israel would be re-established, and that also happened. Anyway.... cool stuff. And, in the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to pray (whether you believe in a god or not) and ask that God would give you wisdom and lead you to His truth. :)

Prophecies Currently Being Fulfilled

1.The Jewish people will be regathered in unbelief from the four corners of the earth (Isaiah 11:11-12). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

2.The state of Israel will be re-established (Isaiah 66:7-8 & Ezekiel 37:21-22). Fulfillment: May 14, 1948.

3.The Jews will once again re-occupy the city of Jerusalem (Zechariah 8:4-8), Fulfillment: June 7, 1967.

4.The land of Israel will be reclaimed from its desolation, becoming once again a land of agricultural abundance (Ezekiel 36:34-35). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

5.The Hebrew language will be revived from the dead (Zephaniah 3:9). Fulfillment: 19th & 20th Centuries.

6.All the nations of the world will come together against Israel over the issue of the control of Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:1-3). Fulfillment: Currently occurring.

Source: http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_jews12.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I highly doubt God is an Alien. HE said he created us in his image I think HE means we look like him. I am Roman Catholic, and the Ten Commandments said I am the Lord your God you will not have Alien/Strange Gods before me. He wouldn't be an Alien if we were created in His Image.

• 1 month later...

I highly doubt God is an Alien. HE said he created us in his image I think HE means we look like him. I am Roman Catholic, and the Ten Commandments said I am the Lord your God you will not have Alien/Strange Gods before me. He wouldn't be an Alien if we were created in His Image.

I am christian too, but I don't wish to partake in this debate.

However, I will say that I do not think that God is an Alien. An alien to us, maybe, but not an Alien. He is a God! :D

And in reply to that, how do you know you don't look strange? To the big wide world, how do you know that you are not an alien? If 3 eyed no feet green in colour blobs appeared on earth, we would scream "ALIEN!" but if we all were 3 eyed no feet green in colour blobs, wouldn't something long on two sticks with something protruding from the middle of their faces be aliens? He did make us in his image. But think about it - we're all aliens.