Mayan Theory

Awesome_Paul

Been researching rubbish and i came across this

http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm

the mayan theory, apparently we are all gonna die on Deember 21st 2012, great christmas that would be

Mayans tracked cycles within cycles within cycles of time. Their calendar acted as a harmonic calibrator, linking and coordinating the earthly, lunar, solar and galactic seasons in an aesthetically simple and elegant manner.

this means thats they would have been very smart about all this lunar stuff

there is a whole lot to do with this theory about the end of the world, but is this just another Y2K theory that we would all die and robots would take over when we reach 2000 or does this make some sense.

This makes more sense than the Y2k and im reading the article now and it looks very interesting

I don't think we'll all die then. Don't laugh at this, but I think we'll die in 2100. I have a very unique religion, but I call myself Chrstian because that's most of it. But anyway, I think it's kind of bull.

I've always found that to be an intresting theory, but it's just not plasible. There's so many factors involved, like how would you wipe out a race as large as ours in a day, and how they would have known the exact date. I think it's more likely they just needed a place to stop the calender and it ended up being there.

I think those theories are just distractions or they give scientists and people something fun to do XD. Nobody knows when their time will come so I think we should all just live life to the fullest and stop worrying about the end of the world. Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be! But yea, if the technology keeps growing....who knows maybe robots will take over!

• 2 weeks later...

The article you pointed us to does not say everyone will die, it merely says that a new cycle will begin.

We may trust that it is time for humanity to awaken into a true partnership with each other, with the Earth, and the Cosmos. By accepting this partnership we may claim our birthright and become Galactic Citizens who care for and sustain the planet, thus sustaining ourselves.

It says that we'll change, not die.

And it's crazy anyway.

Here are quotes to clear things up:

To use a metaphor from the modern industrial world, on Winter Solstice CE (Common Era) 2012 it is as if the Giant Odometer of Humanity on Earth hits 100,000 miles and all the cycles big and small turn over to begin anew. The present world age will end and a new world age will begin.

The Mayan calendar does not really "end" in 2012, but rather, all the cycles turn over and start again, vibrating to a new era.

The mayans got some things right,

but I think scientists would have found out it,

and be able to prove or disprove the theory.

If the world was going to end,

then we could do nothing to stop it

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Chipmonker) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This topic is too old! PM me (Chipmonker) if you want this topic reopened or if you need another modding duty done.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.