Ciona Broan

rachiee

ciona_broan_by_the_letter_q-d3kp9d0.png

So I decided to draw + color a picture of Ciona Broan...the whole thing took about a week to do. x_x It's not exactly the best thing I've ever done, but oh well.

I know that she's wearing the old uniform, this is all because I really can't stand Faerieland's new uniforms. xD

Oh, and I rushed a little on the paws (especially the one that doesn't have the quasi-glove on it lol)...

Questions? Thoughts? Advice? o:

hi rachel! :)

i like your drawing, it is cute, and i do love the old uniform better, it somehow reminds me of Barcelona FC... somehow, dont ask me why :P

if you are seeking for advice, well this is only my 2 cents, but if you are going to draw cute cartoon, try to make the head bigger than its body, not by too much greater scale.

o_O Did you draw that solely using a mouse? If so, kudos to you! That takes some skill @_@;;. /has no mouse skills to speak of. And not to mention a whole lot of patience...

Here's my advice to you: Pick a light source before starting to shade your picture; this helps you determine which areas need to be shaded and highlighted. Your shading seems to be a little inconsistent here so hopefully that might help! If you have trouble visualising the areas which are darker/lighter (like me OTL), use a reference image or observe items around you to see how light falls :).

Hope I didn't ramble on too much >.<;;. Keep up the great work! :DDD

Guest Zazi

Congrats on your effort! She looks adorable. I would've given up on the wings or so haha

Someone already said something about the shading, but wouldn't that inconsistency be easier to control if the drawing was a bit smaller?

Also, I think a thicker line art would add to the cartoon-y look. And her right arm just turns into a straight diagonal line... I personally found that odd

Having no artistic skill to speak of, you're welcome to ignore my advice completely!