Permission to Come Aboard?

Long-time dungeon dwelling lurker, first time poster, etc. You know how it goes. I have been on Neopets for about 10 years total under several accounts and with many hiatuses. All I mostly do these days is play the stock market, hang around the Altador Cup chat groups, and wait until the Altador Cup, an event disguised as a secret method to give everyone carpal tunnel. Ahem.

So hello hello, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi there!

I, myself am new as well...I totally understand the feeling of being a silent lurker lurking the forums and boards cuz I tend to do it too! =X

Welcome and enjoy your stay! The people here are really friendly! ^-^

Welcome to the forums. :D I agree about everybody being really nice and such.

As for the Altador Cup, I completely agree. It's so much fun but afterwards I never want to see a keyboard again. :P

I've never played in AC =X I tried once and couldn't get it so I gave up =X

Is it really that much fun?

It's good to know that everyone here is super friendly. I'm kind of shy (REALLY!) so having a nice environment is probably more conducive to joining in on the fun.

care to tell more about yourself?

hobby? favorite games? etc etc..

NEVER! Ehehehe' date=' kidding. Hobbies? Running, baking, cooking, gaming, and writing. To be more specific (brace yourself for a novel)... I used to be a hurdler/sprinter in high school, but these days I mostly just run for fun/exercise. The hurdles were the best though. RUNNING WITH THINGS IN YOUR WAY THAT YOU HAVE TO GET OVER? Awwwww ye. Also experiment a lot with baking and cooking and it's really great to be able to cook up a meal to enjoy with my friends. Unfortunately also feels like I'm cooking in order to feed my roommates orz. My baking style is American, I suppose, while my cooking style is more Chinese (since that's what I ate growing up and I NEED ME SOME RICE TO LIVE). Gaming is surely self-explanatory, right? I dabbled a bit in tourneys for Smash, but mostly hang out on an MMORPG called Atlantica Online now. Writing is something just for fun and I rarely share my writing. Haven't had much time for it in the last few years too, between studies and gaming.

As for the Altador Cup, I completely agree. It's so much fun but afterwards I never want to see a keyboard again.

Agreed. I maxed out YYB every day during finals and it was probably the most physically agonizing gaming I've ever done before. YYB is hardcore, man.

I've never played in AC =X I tried once and couldn't get it so I gave up =X

Is it really that much fun?

AC is super fun! I mean, okay, yes you are playing flash games for hours at a time which sounds really ridiculous but I find hanging out with a chat group really makes the time more enjoyable. Plus, it's really awesome to see how your team's efforts pay off: each win is a true victory that should be celebrated. It's nice to have a mostly player-driven event on Neo. :)

Edit: Argh how to get the quotes to show the user quoted...

Derp, is that it? Now I feel rather silly. Thanks for the help!

No need to derp! Like I said, it took me awhile to master. And I won't even bring up that phase I had where I kept hitting the "reply" button instead of the "edit" button! :rolleyes_anim:

But I guess by saying I wasn't going to bring it up, I brought it up. Hrm.

It's good to know that everyone here is super friendly. I'm kind of shy (REALLY!) so having a nice environment is probably more conducive to joining in on the fun.

NEVER! Ehehehe, kidding. Hobbies? Running, baking, cooking, gaming, and writing. To be more specific (brace yourself for a novel)... I used to be a hurdler/sprinter in high school, but these days I mostly just run for fun/exercise. The hurdles were the best though. RUNNING WITH THINGS IN YOUR WAY THAT YOU HAVE TO GET OVER? Awwwww ye. Also experiment a lot with baking and cooking and it's really great to be able to cook up a meal to enjoy with my friends. Unfortunately also feels like I'm cooking in order to feed my roommates orz. My baking style is American, I suppose, while my cooking style is more Chinese (since that's what I ate growing up and I NEED ME SOME RICE TO LIVE). Gaming is surely self-explanatory, right? I dabbled a bit in tourneys for Smash, but mostly hang out on an MMORPG called Atlantica Online now. Writing is something just for fun and I rarely share my writing. Haven't had much time for it in the last few years too, between studies and gaming.

Agreed. I maxed out YYB every day during finals and it was probably the most physically agonizing gaming I've ever done before. YYB is hardcore, man.

AC is super fun! I mean, okay, yes you are playing flash games for hours at a time which sounds really ridiculous but I find hanging out with a chat group really makes the time more enjoyable. Plus, it's really awesome to see how your team's efforts pay off: each win is a true victory that should be celebrated. It's nice to have a mostly player-driven event on Neo. :)

Edit: Argh how to get the quotes to show the user quoted...

Haha..I always tell myself to run for some exercise, but always ended up with some kind of excuse to procrastinate. My fats are accumulating! >.<

Baking! I've never baked before, no oven at home too. But I'm envious of those that know how to bake. Like my friend, she bakes all cookies and stuff and even makes some of her own stuff for selling. A hobby I had wanted to take up but no talent for xD

Haha, maybe it was just because I didn't know how to play that game, so no matter how much I wanted to participate, it was useless >.< *brick'd*

But I agree that hanging out and participating as a team makes it much more enjoyable and a victory truly calls for an all-out celebrations!

I think I would have to take a backseat for the upcoming AC too, but I'll support you guys! =D

The MultiQuote button took me awhile to master. Good luck ;)

The Multiquote was a trial-and-error thing I just tried and surprisingly, didn't mess up =X