On entering the Art Gallery etc

queensorchadragon

Soo, I've entered the Art Gallery a handful of times, but never made it in. I'm not an expert graphics artist but I've seen things that i KNOW I could do, so I keep trying. I only have GIMP and Inkscape, and I'm still learning how to work with those, since I can't afford the Adobe suite.

Does anyone have any tips on making the art styles that are popular? Do a lot of people just have those expensive computer drawing pads? What are some tips/tricks for getting in? Any GIMP/Inkscape tricks that I may be missing? I'm still learning their ins and outs so that stuff might help too, I don't know.

I don't know if I'll be much help since all my drawings are traditional art. I only entered the Art Gallery once with a traditional drawing and it got in. I know as long as you enter a unique picture, like try different poses and get creative in your own way, TNT will recognize you :)

On special days, like pet days, they accept around two pages of art so you can aim for a pet day and just draw in any way you like! I see people that go crazy with digital art, color pencils, watercolors, etc. Just draw in any style you like since TNT accepts all styles except when the neopets look "tooooo" human.

Draw and draw until you're the one satisfied with it and then enter it. I hope to see it someday soon :laughingsmiley: