What is Altador Cup?

Hey everyone!

So I've been trying to do some research but felt it might be easier if I just asked you all, since you seem to be so enthusiastic! =)

What is the Altador Cup?

How do you pick the teams you root for?

What do we do when we participate?

Any & all answers are much appreciated, thanks! =D

The Altador Cup is a tournament that takes place on Neopets every summer. It's like a big soccer tournament where all the Neopian lands (Lost Desert, Mystery Island, Brightvale, etc) face each other on 4 different games each day. Each land face each other twice during the tournament with the games yooyuball (the main game), slushie slinger, make some noise, and shootout showdown.

Yooyuball is the more important game but a team could win if they beat opponent in all the side games. Either way, everyone has to give it their all to see their team win the cup. Participating in the team gives out different rewards but more importantly to others, the prize shop. The more you play, the more you get points for rare stuff like clothing and even paint brushes! Last year the Pirate Paint Brush was in the shop but for a VERY high cost.

Everyone is different when they pick their teams. I picked my favorite neopets color, land, and friends I made during the cup. You can go that way, take the test that comes during signups where you answer questions and in the end will decide which one you should go for (don't recommend too much), go for the team you think will win, or go to the boards on the Virtupets section and see all the team boards and see what you like :)

As I mentioned, there will be 4 games that you can play as often as you can each day. It does get rigorous after a while, but playing those games really helps out your team.

It's just a long and fun event held every summer! Pick the team you like most and cheer them on all the way :laughingsmiley: I know my team aren't on the "top 4" but it's mainly the friends I made during the past cups that makes stay with Mystery Island ^^

Hope this helped lolz xD

Also, how successful your team is will affect the look of your trophy on your UL (top 3 teams get a different trophy, but everybody else gets the same, I think), but it will not affect the actual prizes that you get. Those are based entirely on individual performance.

Guest Yoshinho

What they said...

Also the prize shop can sometimes have some really good goodies like PBs and all that. But sometimes it might not (I hope there will be this year!)

I always sell my prizes and get tons of NP from it.

Enjoy the cup!

Guest Yoshinho

Your team winning or losing does not matter on your prize points. It is your individual score that matters. You are always in for prizes, if you lose a game, that game does not count towards your score I believe, same with ties. So if your team gets 16th place but you are rank 20(max level), then you are definitely in for prizes, maybe all the prizes.

Also early does not count at all, win or lose. You have to wait tell it actually starts if you want points to count.

Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Now I just need to figure out which team I'm going for! Probably going to be Shenkuu, Mystery Island, or Lost Desert - those are my favorite lands! =D

I would recommend visiting the neoboards of all those teams, talking with the people there. You want to pick a team that you will want to support and play for =) And hours and hours of gaming a day can get tiresome if you don't find a good group of people to talk to!

Plus when you are active with the team, motivation comes a lot easier =) (trust me, after awhile it does get quite repetitive)

Awesome thanks so much! I'll get on that! =)

...too bad the Neoboards confuse me so much! So much going on at once... So many threads... So many posts that have nothing to do with anything!

Why can't it be straightforward like forums... =/

EDIT: Alright, I think I'm going to go with Terror Mountain! I like their colors and it sounds like they have a smaller fan base than the other teams, which will be kinda nice since it won't be too overwhelming for me! =D

I have a question on Yooyuball.

Take MQ and DC as two opposing teams. DC wins with a score of 5 and MQ's score is 3. How many Yooyuball pts does DC get? Is it the differnce between the score so the points are 2? :eh: