Laptops and Netbooks

mwcatlover

Laptops and Netbooks  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you have and what grade are you in. (pick 1st applicable answer)

• Laptop - 9th Grade
    • Netbook - 9th Grade
    • Laptop - 10th Grade
    • Netbook - 10th Grade
    • Laptop - 11th Grade
    • Netbook - 11th Grade
    • Laptop - 12th Grade
    • Netbook - 12th Grade
  2. 2. Continuation of other poll... (only pick one answer in either poll.)

• Laptop/Netbook - younger than HS age
    • Laptop/Netbook - older than HS age
    • I have neither, I am in high school
    • I have neither, I am NOT in high school

Hi, so I was curious how many high school students out there had laptops and netbooks. Thus the poll...

If you had one, I am curious as to what kind you have and about how much it costs. (insurence+case+other expenses)

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity :laughingsmiley:

I have a MacBook which costs $1000 (yes, it is expensive; no, I am not spoiled). It's relatively new, and I'm pretty sure the warranty hasn't expired yet. xD

And in case you were wondering, I'm not in HS yet- 8th grade to be more specific. c;

EDIT: I also have a Compaq laptop from late 2007. It's very slow and useless, and I'd like to recycle it if I get the chance. =)

I have a laptop ($600) and I am in 7th grade! Mine has lasted me for about 2 years, my warranty ended so I am protective of it. I have never spent a dime extra on it. I don't have a case, cover ect. It never has been broken or needed to be fixed. It is much easier to use than a desktop computer. Yes, I am well versed in the world of technology. :graduated:

Guest Yoshinho

I have a laptop. I am not going to submit to the poll (I am not disclosing my age anytime soon) I used a netbook but never owned one before.

I've had a Sony VAIO since my senior year in high school (and I'm a sophomore in college, now). I love it to pieces, especially since my previous computer was an 11-year-old desktop that could barely last five minutes before having some sort of crash. x_x

Next time I get a computer, though, I think I'll get a smaller laptop (around 13" in screen size), since my current one is a beast that's far too bulky to take to class, which is a tad bit inconvenient. Then I can get a monitor for it, so I can still do art and such when I'm at my desk. ^_^

I'm out of HS, but I have a netbook now. (When I was in HS, barely anyone I knew had laptops or cell phones. You were cool if you had a pager.)

I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dm1. It's one of the more fancy netbooks. It's screen is 1 inch larger than most. It cost me about $300, but I got an employee discount from a family member. The only expense added was the case (strapped carrying case) for $20 and an upgrade for the RAM which I don't remember how much that was. But it was included in the about $300.

I have a LapTop, But I don't/Didn't pay for it? :)

My Parents got it for me, for my birthday last year. When I turned Ten.

Our 'Family Computer' was getting clogged with my games, and it kept dying because of that x3

I'm a few years out of high school and I have a MacBook. The computer itself cost me about $1200. It came with a free iPod. I recently bought a Mouse for it, which I believe was around $50. I also have a padded carrying case for it..and I think that was around $25. Was well worth the money.

I had a desktop gateway from about '96-'06...

I got a macbook the summer I entered high school, I convinced my mom and my dad/stepmom to help get it for me.

I got a Asus laptop last summer [between my freshman and sophomore years of college], which I helped pay for now that I'm working.

My macbook still works, it's just sluggish and kind of sad. I use it for doing photo editing and such, since I had photoshop on it, and I don't have it for my PC right now.