Firefox Error

When I try to start up Firefox a message pops up saying:

Error: Platform version '1.9.2.16' is not compatible with

minVersion >=1.9.2.17

maxVersion <=1.9.2.17

Do I need to update it? How would I or if that isn't the problem what is?

Thanks in advance. I'm going crazy using IE on my computer it's so slow.

EDIT: Never mind redownloaded and rebooted. It's working now. :)

Guest Yoshinho

It seems to be in your configuration.

One of your extensions or the browser was blocked because of a setting in the config.

Just find minversion AND maxversion and edit it to your current one.

To access the config, type about:config in your address bar and confirm you want to edit it.

It seems to be in your configuration.

One of your extensions or the browser was blocked because of a setting in the config.

Just find minversion AND maxversion and edit it to your current one.

To access the config, type about:config in your address bar and confirm you want to edit it.

Actually this is incorrect. The error the OP was seeing is an (uncommon, but known) result of Firefox running into some error(s) while trying to update. Reinstalling Firefox is the standard solution for this. :yes:

Guest Yoshinho

Yes but my thing can fix it if you couldn't reinstall.

My way works I have done it before.

Actually, no, your method cannot, as there is no way of accessing about:config if you cannot start your browser in the first place.

Guest Yoshinho

Well oh yeah forgot then you can open up profile manager and delete the firefox profile you have and create a new one. start, run then firefox.exe -profilemanager NOTE FIREFOX MUST BE CLOSED OR ELSE IT JUST OPENS A NEW WINDOW

Simply deleting your Firefox profile is highly inadvisable. Please don't tell people to perform dangerous actions without understanding the issue at hand. Thank you.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff ("AA").

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact "AA" if you have any questions regarding this action.