Can I get a critique?

Anukai

Hi! ^w^ Can you tell me what you think of my current avatar? I'm trying a new blending mode, and I'm wondering if I should make more. :3

Hi! ^w^ Can you tell me what you think of my current avatar? I'm trying a new blending mode, and I'm wondering if I should make more. :3

I like it! I think it's very cute :)

It's adorable, but the text looks a little off.

Aside from that I like it a lot.

Off? How so? Like too big? Or misaligned? :S

Off? How so? Like too big? Or misaligned? :S

Oh no...The alignment and size are great. I just mean it looks a bit awkward with the background. Does that make more sense?

For instance, the text blends in with one of the dark parts of her hair. It doesn't necessarily make it hard to read or anything, just looks a bit off to me. (Hope I'm being helpful and not just annoying. lol) :)

Oh no...The alignment and size are great. I just mean it looks a bit awkward with the background. Does that make more sense?

For instance, the text blends in with one of the dark parts of her hair. It doesn't necessarily make it hard to read or anything, just looks a bit off to me. (Hope I'm being helpful and not just annoying. lol) :)

I tried to combat that with the outer glow on the text layer. Guess it didn't totally work. :/

Because I tried different colors, but they didn't look good with the dark on the left and the light on the right... Hmm...

I love it!! :D Maybe try a blurred glowing layer beneath the text in a pale green? That might help it stand out a bit more :)

I love the stripes and the blending mode, but I think that the text should possibly be smaller, rotated or moved around. If you leave the text where it is, I think it would look pretty nice if it had a small, light, possibly glowy border around it. :)

Also, I'm just wondering- what graphics program did you make this with?

I tried to combat that with the outer glow on the text layer. Guess it didn't totally work. :/

Because I tried different colors, but they didn't look good with the dark on the left and the light on the right... Hmm...

I can totally understand that problem. Maybe CCarol has a point and try not having it centered. Maybe play with the placement a bit.

If not *shrug* it still looks awesome.

I agree :)

Sometimes it's better to leave your work alone for a while and then come back to it later. Maybe a break from it, where you work on something else, might help!

You avatar is adorable! I really like the image. But I agree - the text doesn't quite fit.

What if you don't center it? Maybe if you put it to the right, it would look better.

Thank-you! ^w^ And right? Not left?

I love it!! :D Maybe try a blurred glowing layer beneath the text in a pale green? That might help it stand out a bit more :)

Thanks! I'll try that too. :3

I love the stripes and the blending mode, but I think that the text should possibly be smaller, rotated or moved around. If you leave the text where it is, I think it would look pretty nice if it had a small, light, possibly glowy border around it. :)

Also, I'm just wondering- what graphics program did you make this with?

Smaller, moved or glowing border... Hmm... Okay. And I use Potoshop CS4, but I should install CS5 soon. lol XD

I can totally understand that problem. Maybe CCarol has a point and try not having it centered. Maybe play with the placement a bit.

Okay, and thank-you. ^w^

I agree :)

Sometimes it's better to leave your work alone for a while and then come back to it later. Maybe a break from it, where you work on something else, might help!

Good thinking, thanks for the advice! =D

I like your avatar, it's very cute! I do agree somewhat that the text is slightly off ... maybe change the blend mode (if photoshop is what you're using) or overlay some sort of texture :D. It's no biggie tho, I think it's already super awesome right now.

If you want to look at some examples of avatars here's a really good site :)

http://celestial-star.net/avatars/

I like your avatar, it's very cute! I do agree somewhat that the text is slightly off ... maybe change the blend mode (if photoshop is what you're using) or overlay some sort of texture :D. It's no biggie tho, I think it's already super awesome right now.

If you want to look at some examples of avatars here's a really good site :)

http://celestial-star.net/avatars/

Thanks! ^w^

And that's a great site! I bookmarked it. :3