So long P3

babblebuth

Most times when I manage my habitarium, I make sure everyone has enough energy and then I go do something else, come back and harvest any gems and eggs, and rotate ones out. Today, I had the bizarre experience of actually seeing the demise of one of the little critters. I was staring at a mootix and wondering why he was not moving and had stars around his head. I was thinking, can they get hurt? It reminded me of the cartoons. And then he started glowing and rose/evaporated and the living gem appeared. I don't know, I was kind of disturbed. I would prefer to come back and have them waiting for me and hope to never see that again.

Anyone else ever witness this?

Yeah lol, happens to me all the time....Sometimes I go on after a few days and there are over 20 blue gems :/ I find it more annoying then sad though lol Less egg discarding and more hatching!

P3s can get hurt too, by pests. You just stick them in a house until they get better. The more you take care of them the longer they live, you can see how long they've progressed too, maybe check out the Hab guide? Sorry if you already know this stuff ^_^

i've definitely witnessed this. i actually find it nice in a way, since i get quite attached to my little larnikins and the animation makes me believe they're going off to a "better place," haha. i can see how it'd be a bit disturbing the first time someone saw this, though.

Wow. That's... weird. I've yet to witness it. I have seen one turn to a gem, but I wasn't watching carefully (as I wasn't expecting it) so I never saw the stars. Out of the corner of my eye, one second there was a P3, then next, a gem.

I thought I had a fire in my habitarium the other day as there was a great plume of red vapour but then I saw it was the demise of 2 of my P3s and the gems were left in their place. I did have a few days where there was 1 died each day because they were all about the same age but now they are more staggered in their ages and so pass on less regularly...

I saw it for the first time recently after running Habitarium since February. Totally freaked me out. There was a comic in the Neopian Times about it that was pretty good :P

Thats happened to me a couple times, I immediately move them to the house when it happens...usually saves it

How long does it save them for, just until they come out of the house again or does it extend their lives indefinitely?

I've never witnessed it actually happening, but it sounds pretty cute :) Can't wait until my Habi unlocks so I can see my cuties again!