What are you favorite book(s)?

asterroidmannerisms

So many of my favourites were already mentioned by previous posters (Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Jane Austin, (you guys have great taste ;))) but I can't believe no one has said Artemis Fowl yet!

The Book Thief is also really good and, even though it's kind of young for me, I love the How to Train Your Dragon series.

Last to Die by James Grippando.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

The Outsiders by... :P

Those are the only ones I could think of :mellow:

Basically I love fantasy books. I read like all the time. I like Percy Jackson and all of Rick Riordan's books. I have tried Artemis Fowl but I am not so interested. I really want to read the Hunger Games but I just can't find it anywhere. I read more of fantasy books and some times classics like Jane Eyre. I've tried reading online but all I find is audio books. I don't like audio books much cause I really like reading myself and not listening :D

I read through this thread and was like "WOW I remember that book! I loved it!" at most of the posts. I'm totally going to go and reread the Artemis Fowl and Percy Jackson series when I have time XD

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite romance novels, I read it for English extra credit and expected it to be boring (since most of the assigned readings are) but this one was amazing!

Terry Pratchet also writes some really good books, I think one of my favorites was "The Hogfather". They're just so nonsensical and...."sensical" at the same time.

I saw someone liked John Grisham - The Firm was a really good one in my opinion, I thought the main character was really smart and capable unlike a lot of the ones authors seem to be using nowadays... -.-

I've always been really critical of classic books, like I hold them up on a high pedestal and if they disappoint me i get mad..a couple that have lived up to my expectations are

the great gatsby

of mice and men

i tend to stick with a lot of stephen king books, just finished one called "bag of bones"

Favorite books:

• Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
  • East of Eden, John Steinbeck
  • The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Iliad, translated by Fagles
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Luo Guanzhong (forgot who the translator was for my version)

Currently reading:

• China Candid, Sang Ye
  • The Private Life of Chairman Mao, Dr. Li Zhishui, translated by Tai Hung-Chao
  • Moby-puppyblew, Herman Melville

:mellow: Looking at my list and others', it is a little sad to see and realize the English-centrism in everyone's reading tastes. Curse you cultural imperialism. *shakes fist*

Read quite a bit when I was younger but reading (for books) slowed as I grow older =X

Some of my favorites include:

Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien

The Samarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

Jin-Shei - Alma Alexander

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

Yokai Attack! - Yoda & Alt

The Witches - Roald Dahl (my favourite when I was a kid ^-^)

Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling

(my fav among the series was Prisoner of Azkaban, and personally, my interest declined after the fifth book..Still liked the first few books in the series though)

Now reading some other novels..Some are translated from Japanese, while others written in English...

I usually prefer to read books that involve fantasy themes. Other genres I quite interested in are Sci-fi, Medieval, Historical, Mythology and some others..

The Bloody Jack series

Harry Potter series

Dragonriders of Pern series

Memoirs of a Geisha

Book of Lost Things

Night World Chronicles

Animorphs