Reading :)

Purely Angel

It doesn't make them happier, and it doesn't do anything for the Battledome as far as I know of. When you read a book to your pets, their intelligence increases. c;

You can get trophies if you read enough books for your pet. :yes: But you have to read your pet a lot of books to get that trophy. xD

You can get various book awards, but it takes a LOT of reading. Only really wealthy neopians can afford enough books to get their pets book awards.

And, for example, there is a BD item "Heavy Robe of Thievery" that requires 68 Intelligence to equip. There are probably other items that I'm not aware of with requirements like this.

Reading pets books adds to their intelligence. Maybe in future TNT will introduce benefits for having pets with high intelligence.

Like Iona said, you get awards for reading your pet an unbelievable amount of books, and some BD items require intelligence.

Intelligence may have some later use as well, possibly for an avatar, but we'll never know. :)

Remember it is difficult to get one. You need over 400 books maybe more!

Definitely a lot more.

I wanted to go for it at one point, but I would have started too late compared to those who been doing it for years.

Not to mention some of the books are really expensive and/or retired D:

But good luck if you decide to rank for it!

Definitely a lot more.

I wanted to go for it at one point, but I would have started too late compared to those who been doing it for years.

Not to mention some of the books are really expensive and/or retired D:

But good luck if you decide to rank for it!

Thank you guys I will keep that in mind.

So Helpful

~Purely Angel

There are two different trophies you can get. I believe the booktastic book award has just over 110 books, while the neopian book award gold winners have 2500+ books read. The only books on the booktastic list are those that are sold at the booktastic book place on Kreludor.

There are also a few battledome items that act differently according to the intelligence of your opponent's neopet, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. (I don't think they're very good weapons anyways...)

There are two different trophies you can get. I believe the booktastic book award has just over 110 books, while the neopian book award gold winners have 2500+ books read. The only books on the booktastic list are those that are sold at the booktastic book place on Kreludor.

There are also a few battledome items that act differently according to the intelligence of your opponent's neopet, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. (I don't think they're very good weapons anyways...)

Wow Thats a lot of books. I better get to reading. I think I only have about 70 read to Kejett. Thats for the info. I will be working to get them both one day.

If you need intelligence for the weapon/armor, it's usually because it has an added effect, like a high chance of stealing/freezing. That's what makes the intelligence training worth it. :)