Bought a bow today

phyxius_on

I have had a Bowtech bow for 3 years (love it) and today we just went and bought hubby a PSE (both are compound). Wow, I can't believe the difference in draws. Mine has a spot where you can pull it back and just sit there and wait while hubbys PSE, is like pulling on a cats tail (it just wants to take off lol). I know my way around bows a little bit, but had no idea that there could be such a difference in holding it after the draw.

Anyone else into bows?

I remember when I went camping with Girl Guides (cool kid eh?) and we did archery, it was really fun, minus the fact that I have no aim. :P

I'd love to get into it, though I don't exactly know how I would manage that :P

I'm more into traditional archery. I have three recurve bows. One is a York with a 40-lb pull and one is a 45-lb pull. Both of those are wood and fibreglass composite. The other one is just a cheap fibreglass bow, like you'd use in high school phys. ed.

I haven't gone shooting in so long. I really miss it. My yard isn't big enough to set anything up, though. Living downtown is a drag sometimes.

I remember when I went camping with Girl Guides (cool kid eh?) and we did archery, it was really fun, minus the fact that I have no aim. :P

I'd love to get into it, though I don't exactly know how I would manage that :P

LOL I never did archery as a kid, probably would be better at it now.

I'm more into traditional archery. I have three recurve bows. One is a York with a 40-lb pull and one is a 45-lb pull. Both of those are wood and fibreglass composite. The other one is just a cheap fibreglass bow, like you'd use in high school phys. ed.

I haven't gone shooting in so long. I really miss it. My yard isn't big enough to set anything up, though. Living downtown is a drag sometimes.

aweeeeeeeeeeeee that would truly we horrible for me now, as I am hooked lol. We shoot all year round...we just open the sliding glass doors and shoot (even in the middle of winter lol). I grew up in the city and I am very glad I don't live there anymore. 25 acres and closest neighbour is over 1/2 mile away. Nice and quiet. I have never shot a recurve, would like to try it though