Mobipocket Creator problem

pang

I have this program for ages. It always worked just fine. But today when I open the program, the first page is different. I haven't use this program for quite awhile, so I am not sure when it first happened.

I don't know how to attach picture file into the post, so I am going to try to descript it.

At the top of the window there is file edit view insert build tools help (normal stuff)

Then there is this big white blank covering the upeer half of the window.

In the lower half, it looks like this.

Create New Import From

Publication Existing file

(pic) . (pic) .

Open Recent

eBookbase Publication

(pic) . Deploy to eBookbase(clickable) (pic) .

. Manage my online publications (clickable) Browse more...(clickable but nothing happen when click)

I tried to restart my computer and reinstall the program but nothing help, so I am at a loss for what to do now.

I use window xp.

Thanks for your help!

It seems that this is related to your settings getting corrupted somehow. You might want to try finding the Mobipocket Creator settings folder and deleting it, or just running it as a different user. :)

Thank you, AA. It works!

First, I tried to delete the setting file. Nothing changed. When I open the program, the file just comes back.

Then I create a new account and try the program there. It works but become home version not the professional version that I install.

So I uninstall from my main account and reinstall into the new account, and now things is back to normal. I guess I will have to keep the other acount just for this program.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome! :) Sorry I couldn't figure out a neater solution. Have fun using the program!