Just a thought...

Jessicar

Ok, so i'm new here but have been reading posts for AGES.

Just something random that crossed my mind and so i'm just asking, do you deny playing neopets?

Do your friends know you are a neopet addict or do you secretly play it in the dark wearing custom made neopets pyjamas? (or am i the only one who wears that.....:D)

LOL...While I don't by any means hide it, I do get embarrassed when I get put in a position to tell someone that I play. lol...That actually happened last week when my friend asked what I was playing; she can be pretty cruel about anyone's "flaws" or quirks as she perceives them. Typically I give just as good as I get, but I'm sure my face turned red when she was pestering me about that.

I may not have have NP PJs, but I do have pink Gaia ones. hehe...I don't play anymore, but I still love them. They're pink and comfy.

haha... Yeah something like that happend to me the other day too. I really wanted to leave a friends place so i could do the daily dare and get the bonus prize and couldn't think of a good enough excuse but that my back hurt...awkward!

I don't exactly advertise the fact that I play, but I will tell people if they ask. People don't normally know what it is, so I just say, "It's a site with virtual pets and fun games." Then they do the whole blank stare and 'oh, okay' nod and move to another topic. If they are more of a kindred spirit I might take the time to explain further and invite them to join, but I think I'm getting a little old for that. I definitely could've gotten a few of my college friends to play if I had gotten back into it sooner than I did. If not for my best friend's roommate, neither me or my best friend would have created new accounts! Now that I'm on the other side of the states from her, this is how we stay in touch. :)

I'm not secretive at all. I'm 25 (I started when I was 16.) and my entire family knows I play, (My sister who is 28 still plays and has been my NF since 2002.) my husband knows, and plays along with me. (He's 23.) My friends know, as well as nearly all my co-workers, including my manager. (I work at a job with a lot of downtime, so we have management approval to do whatever we'd like, as long as our work is done.)

I love Neopets and I'm not ashamed at all. I'm constantly trying to convince my friends to start playing as I don't know anyone IRL that does :P

I'm not secretive at all. I'm 25 (I started when I was 16.) and my entire family knows I play, (My sister who is 28 still plays and has been my NF since 2002.) my husband knows, and plays along with me. (He's 23.) My friends know, as well as nearly all my co-workers, including my manager. (I work at a job with a lot of downtime, so we have management approval to do whatever we'd like, as long as our work is done.)

Spritzie you are beyond lucky! My partner is coming up 25 and absolutely refuses to get an account. I even tried making one for him to force *ahem* I mean, gently guide him into the game. He never used it though so now it's one of my sides. It must be nice having someone who understands your Neopets achievements. I just receive a very confused look whenever I talk about anything Neopets related :P

I sometimes bring it up, people laugh... Then they say they recently started playing again as well. It's always a fun thing to talk about, since basically everyone knows it here. So no, I don't play in secret :P

Spritzie you are beyond lucky! My partner is coming up 25 and absolutely refuses to get an account. I even tried making one for him to force *ahem* I mean, gently guide him into the game. He never used it though so now it's one of my sides. It must be nice having someone who understands your Neopets achievements. I just receive a very confused look whenever I talk about anything Neopets related :P

hee hee... I know my husband is never going to get a neopets account, but he'll always listen and try to understand when I'm excited about something that's related to neopets. Since he'll never get an account I created a pet on my account that is 'his pet'. He helped pick out the name and species and is always excited when his fishing score goes up.

Actually, Neopets was his idea. I'd been inactive for quite awhile, and after we got married, he suggested it, not knowing I'd been playing off and on since 2002. (He's a HUGE gamer, I'm not, so he thought this would be a game we could play together. And we have been, for nearly 2 years now.)

hee hee... I know my husband is never going to get a neopets account, but he'll always listen and try to understand when I'm excited about something that's related to neopets. Since he'll never get an account I created a pet on my account that is 'his pet'. He helped pick out the name and species and is always excited when his fishing score goes up.

Awww that's so cute!! I might try that as a way to entice Tett to get involved :P

@Spritzie - You lucky girl! All mine wants to do is play guitar and work on his band :( He does play Pokemon though, which is a plus. I spose it's a good thing that he doesn't play Neopets though as we're both pretty competitive, things could get ugly! Haha.

It's nice that you can share that with your husband, I am eternally jealous :P

lol i try to explain to them all the reasons that neopets cannot be TRUELY enjoyed by anyone who is too young..... >.>

they still call me crazy, but i have a girl in the dorm down the hall who plays with me (shes my team dare partner) and SOMETIMES if we poke my roommate enough she will play key quest with us (we play private games and take turns winning. Its much more fun when you dont have people who quit on you and people who's computers OBVIOUSLY work a million times better than yours)

I tend not to play it while I'm at school (college) because I'm nervous that I'll get made fun of or otherwise be deemed uncool.

I never really thought about it but yeah.

I dont have that problem, neopets is blocked at my school. Good for me i guess, otherwize i'd never get any work done.