Maractite..?

Ethelune

It's a silly question, I know, but I'm curious about the meaning of the word "maractite." I'm assuming it refers some element of the Curse of Maraqua plot, during which I wasn't active on Neopets. I love the designs associated with it, so I'm just wondering about the history behind it. ^_^

Maractite (sometimes maracite) is a mineral that can move as effortlessly through water as though it was air. This gives it enormous tactical value, and in New Maraqua it is used for weapons, armour, and construction materials.

The fourth chapter of Curse of Maraqua plot suggests that supplies of the substance are running thin. The description for the Maracite Shell Shield explains that the cost of the mineral is offset in larger objects by blending it with other materials.

Most examples of maractite, outside building work, are seen as a blue material, adorned with runic engravings.

Maractite's ability to move through water efficiently while being "harder than steel", as Garin described it in chapter 7 of the Curse of Maraqua Plot, made it of great tactical advantage. Swordmaster Talek believed it could be use to defend the city from virtually any attack. However, Maractite slowly decays when exposed to air.

There is a store in New Maraqua, Maractite Marvels, that sells certain maractite weapons, but there are others available as war prizes in the Curse of Maraqua Plot, and some used exclusively by the Maraquan soldiers in the war. There are also some weapons that only appear as trading cards.

(sorry its kinda long, but i pretty much copy and pasted from neodex >.> haha!) I hope that answers your question :)