Chapter 13 Help Please!

JuicyKimi

I am using TDN's walk through guide and it has been very helpful thus far. After completing the water plant, going back to the necklace, and visiting everyone again, I used the data chart tool to get the constellations locations, I entered them exactly as shown and when I press submit it says it's wrong. Please help, is there something I may have missed or am not seeing?!

Also, I did not connect the little star off to the left as it does not appear connected on the guide's page.

I had this problem several times too! It actually matters in which order you connect the stars before you submit. First, erase your lines (you have to erase one star, put it back, erase the next, ugh). Then look at the constellation finder and connect the stars to each other (to match the pattern) in the order that they're listed in the constellation finder, even when another line would make more sense. Then resubmit, and you should "discover" the new one. Good luck!

Actually it's not the order that matters per se, although that is one way to approach it, but the way in which you connect the stars. If you look closely at the constellation image...

altadorplot_68.png

...you'll notice that there are a couple of different ways you could make the cross connection in the middle. If I recall correctly the constellation only works if you link each one of the four points to the middle star individually, although of course you could try different connections if that doesn't work. There's only one way of connecting the stars that will make the actual constellation you need. :yes:

Also, the one star off to the left needs to be added instead of connected (there should be an 'Add star' option or something along those lines in your telescope), although it looks like you've got that covered already. ;)

• 2 months later...

The first time this happened I realised that I'd rushed and hadn't actually clicked on the necklace before visiting the archivist, and after I went back and re-took that step I thought it would work.

Unfortunately I'm still having this problem, I've tried connecting them in just about every way possible, and I do have the star that's off to the left selected too.

Any ideas? I'm stuck! :(

Hmm... well first off I'd try clearing your web browser's cache and (I presume you've done this bit already though) double-checking about ten or twenty of the preceding steps to make sure you've done them all. If that doesn't help, it may be that there's a potential connection method you've missed. My memory is hardly reliable on this, but you may want to try linking each of the four corners individually to the middle star. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got stuck here too........but now I'm stuck somewhere else. Anyway, make sure you unlocked the constellation. And be sure you have the right coordinates. I'm not sure, but I think you need to do it in the order of what the constellation finder says. Hope that helped!