Mela

Does anyone have a good pack rat guide? Or any tips? I went on the neopets board but the best I got was 'shove a bunch of things in your SDB'.

Any information would be useful :)

btw topic heading should read

'Avatar help'

Edited by Mela

If I were doing the packrat all over again, I would visit jellyneo.com and go to their item database, then arrange items by price.

Then I would buy all the super cheap stuffs. :D

I say this because the packrat guides I had were kinda outdated. Hopefully they've made more.

I have some things I'll give you. I have lots of things in my SDB. I got the avatar and never sold much of the things I bought. Just pm me and I'll set up a trade or something.

It's jellyneo.net and here's the list of items by price. And I would love to send you so free stuff if you're interested too. http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=show_items&name=&name_type=partial&desc=&cat=0&specialcat=0&status=0&rarity=0&sortby=price&numitems=20

I fixed your post title for you. :)

Also, another way of doing the Pack Rat, you can also buy items that a little more expensive, but are items you wanted anyway, that way you don't have to try to get rid of as much junk later. That's what I did.

How many items do you have so far?

Omelettes, 2/3 Omelettes, and 1/3 Omelettes all count as different things. Same with jellies and 1/2 jellies.

Ive been working towards it for a long time now. I just put everything into the SDB, buy things at the igloo, stalk the money tree, and DD gives me two items a day right now. I'm 100 away from reaching the avatar :D

I stuck everything in my SDB that I received from my dailies (wheel of mediocrity gives tyrannian food and petpets fairly frequently for me and it's every hour!) and wouldn't read/feed anything to my pets unless I already had one of that item already. Take all of your pets underwater fishing every day. You get a ton of various junk from doing that. Like someone else said, systematically search through all of your jellies and omelettes and make sure you have a whole and half of each jelly as well as 1/3, 2/3, and whole of each omelette. When I got closer to 1000 unique items, I took everything out of my closet and gallery and stuck it in my SDB to make it 1000. Hope that helps. :)

When I got closer to 1000 unique items, I took everything out of my closet and gallery and stuck it in my SDB to make it 1000. Hope that helps. :)

I did the same thing, as well as emptying my Storage Shed. (And un-equipping items from my pets.)

Haha, apparently I am a natural pack rat because I really didn't have to try that hard to get this avatar. I hate keeping stuff in my inventory so everything always goes into my SDB anyway. I just now getting around to cleaning some of my junk out. I've got tons of stuff in there. It's nice going wow, look more stuff to sell in my shop :laughingsmiley:

I have the avi, but it took quote awhile. I am a terrible pack rat, everything I get I sell (I am a good np saver lol)

EDIT: just noticed this was my 200th post

Edited by katface789

I remember there used to be a packrat item checklist or something like that, but I can't find it anymore :( when I got the avatar that's what I used though, got the avatar in about a week ^_^ JN's item DB is a good alternative except you actually have to look through your SDB to see if you already have the item.

The Trading Post helped me a lot, especially when I was just starting. (i got the avatar today, yay!) I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything to get the avatar, and it took about 3-4 months, so not very long. A lot of people give away junk/cheap items for free on the TP, and if you bid non-junk items (e.g. extra omelettes or jelly or some of your surplus items), you'll probably get the trade a good percentage of the time. Dailies usually increased my size by 3-5, but if you wait for 10 items you haven't received at the Wishing Well and do the free (or cheap if you want to) Trading Post trades, this can add up quickly.

Also, the plot/daily dare prizes help alot too.

Good luck!