Getting logged out a lot today

Demy

I've been getting logged out on neopets all day. It started this morning so I changed my password and it continued on so again I changed my password and emailadress aswell just to be safe and it went okay after that for a few hours but now I'm getting logged out again...is this just a glitch on neopets today or should I really be worried and just keep changing my password after every logout?

I'd be worried if I were you. While I can't tell you what might be causing it, I can say that hasn't been happening to me or any of my friends. :eh:

Not the reply I was hoping for but I guess I'll just keep changing my password then.

Wow. That's weird. I don't know what to say about whether you should be worried about your account being accessed or not. Have you noticed anything being changed?

I would recommend adding a PIN to everything. And possibly submitting a ticket to TNT.

Wow. That's weird. I don't know what to say about whether you should be worried about your account being accessed or not. Have you noticed anything being changed?

I would recommend adding a PIN to everything. And possibly submitting a ticket to TNT.

Nothing has been changed and I do have a PIN for everything possible and I have also changed that one today aswell. Sumbitting a ticket sounds like a good idea.

I did just notice one thing while I was playing keyquest I also had another window open and adding stuff to my shop. I opened a third window and I wasn't signed in on that one...I could still play keyquest and browse the site in the second window. Thats never happened before. Heck I could have 10 windows open on neopets and it wouldn't matter one bit.

That's happened to me a couple of times today so I've changed my password. That was a little while ago though, it's been fine for a couple of hours.

If you submit a ticket might TNT freeze your account for safety reasons??

Usually, people get logged out when someone is on the same username as you are. If that is the case, changing your password wont help unless s/he logs out. Thats never happened to any of my accounts before.

After my last post I followed Xerophytes advice and scanned my computer wich just finished up so I'm gonna hope that will do the trick along with having changed my password again.

I have yet to sumbit a ticket for this. Was going to but TeamShannon has got a point...I would hate to lose my account over this ._.; I might still send in a ticket if the problem continues.

As for what Javi said...good to know! If someone is on my account...how the heck do I stop this from happening? ._. I mean wouldn't they get logged out aswell and have to sign in again? Considering the fact that I've changed my password 5 times by now it would just seem really weird for someone to still be able to get into my account.

Well, when mutiple people are on the same site, one gets logged out at a time. My school has a study website that has ONE username for everyone in the school.I call my friends while on that site, and they keep saying that they get randomly logged out. Apparently, someone complained and it stopped. I guess unless the Admin(s) (in this case TNT) know that two or more people will be on the same username at once, someone will randomly get logged out. Hope i helped :)

I've been getting logged out on neopets all day. It started this morning so I changed my password and it continued on so again I changed my password and emailadress aswell just to be safe and it went okay after that for a few hours but now I'm getting logged out again...is this just a glitch on neopets today or should I really be worried and just keep changing my password after every logout?

This can happen with numerous or corrupt cookies. (Essentially, your browser has trouble figuring out what data to read from your cookies and gives up.) Try clearing ALL your Neopets.com cookies and logging in again (which will create a fresh, clean cookie). Let me know if it works!

Mmmmmm... cookies.

This can happen with numerous or corrupt cookies. (Essentially, your browser has trouble figuring out what data to read from your cookies and gives up.) Try clearing ALL your Neopets.com cookies and logging in again (which will create a fresh, clean cookie). Let me know if it works!

Mmmmmm... cookies.

This seemed to have done the trick! I haven't been logged out since I cleaned out all the cookies. Thanks! ^___^

Well, when mutiple people are on the same site, one gets logged out at a time. My school has a study website that has ONE username for everyone in the school.I call my friends while on that site, and they keep saying that they get randomly logged out. Apparently, someone complained and it stopped. I guess unless the Admin(s) (in this case TNT) know that two or more people will be on the same username at once, someone will randomly get logged out. Hope i helped :)

This actually varies depending on the general architecture of the login system, as well as how it's implemented. In Neopets' case (as well as for most other sites), each account has one unique username and is only used by one person, so login conflicts should not occur, unless someone is trying to log in from multiple computers at once.

Mmmmmm... cookies.

Heartily agreed! :D