I need help please!!!

lilipooh

Hi, I really hope you guys can help me with my problem:

Today, I was playing Hannah and the caves of Kreludor, and the music of the game was REALLY bothering me, so I clicked on the icons that appear one the main screen of the game to turn off the volume. But since my computer is kinda messed up (Sometimes it works and others it freezes) the game wasn't working well so I reseted again and again (The game).

And every time I did it, I had to turn off the sound. Tired of this, I started looking at the keyboard of my laptop and found a key that had the volume icon with an X on it (F10), so I pressed the "Fn" key and then F10, and Voila! The music disappeared.

After playing a while, I started using "Ares" to download some music, and after, like, an hour I wanted to listen to it, but on the display bar that should show the name and length of the song, It said: "Media error: The audio sequence can't be reproduced: The audio hardware isn't available or doesn't answer" Then, I opened the volume controls, and they were silenced. I checked off the "Silence" box, but it wouldn't work. I tried and tried, but now, at the time of writing, I'm still soundless. :worried:

I'm terribly scared and nervous!!! I always mess up my mom's laptop, even if I don't do anything weird, and if she finds out, I'm sure I'm going to be grounded (again) :sad01_anim:

Please help me!!!

PD: Sorry about grammar and computer terms errors, but tough I'm a good English speaker, everything in the computer is in spanish ^_^

My computer info is:

Packard bell easynote B3223

Windows XP

Quite old... like, 4 or 5 years.

I hope so too, we don't turn it off, because it take ages to start and be "usable", so we just keep it on and hibernating

while it's not in use.

But it's funny, It has more lifes than a cat!!!

Every single time I mess it up, my mom comes and saves the day. (Yay!! :laughingsmiley: )

But I have to admit that I was REALLY scared. I tought that I wouldn't be able to get out of this one. (I guess that listening to Green Day while I was trying to fix it made me see the world more gloomly... :P )

I don't believe that silencing your sound had anything to do with that. I would try restarting the computer.

Ares itself won't give you a virus, but the files you download through it certainly can. It killed my old pc a few years back. There are much safer ways to get music (free) online. While it doesn't sound like a virus is causing your audio issues, you should be careful with that program before anything 'does' happen.

Yeah, I guess that I'll have to replace Ares with something else. Well, going to bed now, tomorrow I'll check if reseting my computer worked.

Good night!!!

PD: Not trying to replace Mr. Coconut. I just miss him so much!!! :sad02: