In Danger of Losing Account, Help!

Octopus

Administration Regarding your http://neopets.com account(s),

You have received an official warning from http://neopets.com, There

is suspicion that you have stolen several accounts, have assisted a hacker,

and/or you are a hacker yourself. We would like you to assist us in

solving the problem. Please complete the form below to help us verify

that you are the original owner of the account(s) under this e-mail address and all

others belonging to you. Please be aware that we need details to all accounts belonging to you and that

failing to co-operate with us will end in your account(s) being frozen.

Please reply with the form below completed.

I believe I received this because of the NC trade I made last month where the user falsely reported me as a scammer because I sent my items to the wrong person. My account has been locked for protection and I'm afraid that TNT won't believe that I didn't hack or scam anyone. I sent them screenshots of neomails between me and the trader who reported me in the reply mail, and my question is: is there anything I can do to save my account?

If I get frozen I'm probably never going to get near Neopets again. I've spent too much time and effort on this account and losing it will be devastating for me-all my years of hard work, and I get frozen due to a misunderstanding.

I think you should be okay as long as you explain exactly what happened and provide them with everything they asked for. But you'll have to keep your fingers crossed.

I hope you don't lose your account :( Good luck!

This is the message they just sent:

After further investigation it has been concluded that the account(s) mentioned (hsumelanie) were compromised due to a computerized hacking agent. Please thoroughly scan your computer to ensure that there are no virus or cookie phishers withing your computer.

There is a 48hr lock associated with the account(s) mentioned (hsumelanie) in during which time we will investigate the situation father and continue to persecute the person(s) responsible for this attack.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but are pleased to inform you that the account(s) mentioned (hsumelanie) are fully capabile of being restored within the 48hr lock.

Good news? Or should I take this with a grain of salt?

It sounds like you have been cleared of all wrongdoing, and you will get your account back in 48 hours when it thaws. :)

I would say that this is positive. I would also consider taking TNT's advice and run a spyware scan, just in case your account info was stolen by a keylogger.

Sorry for the late reply, Firefox kept blocking TDNforums. Silly me, I only recently learned that antivirus doesn't necessarily scan for spyware so I might have be lulled into the false assumption that I didn't have any threats other than tracking cookies :/