My first picture on Macromedia Freehand MX

Tank Girl

dqkim8.jpg

I downloaded it about an hour ago (trial version) and this is my first attempt at it :) Never drawn on the computer before, it's fun!

I was wondering though, does anyone know how to save as a JPEG or GIF image without the quality going all squiffy like this picture?

P.S I know they have arms and legs but I thought it looked cuter without :P

Haha cute :)

Nope sorry. I always save in .PNG format to prevent any fuzziness.

Do you know how I would do that on this program? It's the first time I've used anything like it, I'm used to things like Paint haha.

Me too, I used to be a MS Paint nerd. Now I use GIMP (:

Well there should be an option to save it in .PNG format. If there isn't you might be able to simply name the file "example.png" when saving...

I don't use Macromedia so can't really help properly.

Me too, I used to be a MS Paint nerd. Now I use GIMP (:

Well there should be an option to save it in .PNG format. If there isn't you might be able to simply name the file "example.png" when saving...

I don't use Macromedia so can't really help properly.

I'll give it a go next time I need to save something :) Thanks

Doing a self portrait at the moment and it's going terribly! haha

Ehe, good luck :)

I'm quite rubbish at drawing on the PC. I do have a tablet, but never use it as I'm not very good with it and it is quite small.

So I just sketch things on paper and scan em in :P

WOOT WOOT Well done for your first attempt Shannon. Sorry I am not familair with the program your using so I can't help with the jpeg issue.

Hehe thanks hun :D

@Iona - I was looking at tablets today, really want to get one but they're so expensive! :( Also thanks for the PNG tip, it worked like a charm. No more squiffyness!

@Iona - I was looking at tablets today, really want to get one but they're so expensive!

you can get a bamboo pen for $69! i have one. it also comes with corel painter essentials, which by itself costs $59. this is exactly what i said to my mom to convince her to get me one :3 :laughingsmiley:

you can get a bamboo pen for $69! i have one. it also comes with corel painter essentials, which by itself costs $59. this is exactly what i said to my mom to convince her to get me one :3 :laughingsmiley:

Oooh it's rather snazzy! It's much better than the stuff I've been looking at.

I'll get my boyfriend to look into it.. And by that I mean buy me one. Mwahahahaaa :D

Heh, that really is pretty cute. xD That's about all I can say though - I'm such a terrible graphical artist that I'm not qualified to say anything more. :P

I can interject on the software front though - try changing the file extension or type in whatever save dialogue the program uses, that should usually get it to save in a different format (either that or complain that it can't save in a different format).

I'd like to go a little further down that road if you'll have me, and recommend an excellent free and open source program called MyPaint, which I've heard from many professional digital artists is downright awesome. :yes:

Heh, that really is pretty cute. xD That's about all I can say though - I'm such a terrible graphical artist that I'm not qualified to say anything more. :P

I can interject on the software front though - try changing the file extension or type in whatever save dialogue the program uses, that should usually get it to save in a different format (either that or complain that it can't save in a different format).

I'd like to go a little further down that road if you'll have me, and recommend an excellent free and open source program called MyPaint, which I've heard from many professional digital artists is downright awesome. :yes:

I've been saving them as PNG's which seems to be helping with the quality issue but I have to export them as this. When I try to just save, all it saves as is in Macromedia.. I don't really grasp what it is that you're talking about, all of this sort of thing is new. I'm a paint girl, which is pretty straightforward :P I don't think I'll be using this program for much longer though as I've learned you cant blur on it.. Which is STOOPID.

Any recommendations as far as illustratory type programs go are very gratefully received, thanks :D I'll definitely check that out. I've also been told that Photoshop CS5 is pretty good, too. It's all very exciting! A completely new medium I haven't tried yet :D Cant wait till I actually know what I'm doing ahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. I'm glad there's an export option at least. :P My recommendations stand at MyPaint for digital drawing, the GIMP for raster graphics editing, and Inkscape for vector graphics (Inkscape is hands down the best graphics program in its class, none of Adobe's paid products even comes close). All of these applications are free and open source - you won't have to pay a cent to use them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I found this adorable ahaha xD

I remember using MS Paint when I started off. Now I just use my good ole' tablet & Photoshop CS5/ SAI <3