shockwave

satty

hi everyone!

i have a problem with the shockwave application.

i couldn't play those game that need the shockwave application until some days ago. so i downloaded it and i started playing those games (some of them also give avatars). but yesterday and today i saw that i have a problem with it.

if i move my cursor (the hand or the mouse) my computer crash and i have to turn it of manually :(

so if when i play i want to check a guide, change a song, take a break in my games i can't :(

can someone help me?

i had this error also on my old computer :(

i hope that you can understand what i said cos english is not my native tongue so.... you know... xD

I have a problem with the Shockwave Player, too. I've never been able to play the shockwave games :(

I don't know what's wrong with it, but I've read online a lot of people are having similar problems.

I hope they come up with an update soon that sorts it out! I want to play Gourmet Club Bowls!!!!

I hope they come up with an update soon that sorts it out!

Well, in its current state Shockwave is seriously old and pretty much unmaintained except for compatibility reasons - I doubt we'll be seeing any new Shockwave versions in the future. So any Shockwave glitches (and unfortunately there are quite a few of them) are here to stay I'm afraid. :(

Edit: Digging a bit deeper, it's really not very clear what Adobe's stance on Shockwave is at this point as far as I can tell. They do still seem to be updating it, but the updates have a very different focus from the Shockwave player the Shockwave-based Neopets games were originally written for.

Well, in its current state Shockwave is seriously old and pretty much unmaintained except for compatibility reasons - I doubt we'll be seeing any new Shockwave versions in the future. So any Shockwave glitches (and unfortunately there are quite a few of them) are here to stay I'm afraid. :(

Edit: Digging a bit deeper, it's really not very clear what Adobe's stance on Shockwave is at this point as far as I can tell. They do still seem to be updating it, but the updates have a very different focus from the Shockwave player the Shockwave-based Neopets games were originally written for.

Is it to do with my browser? Or is it not compatible with newer versions of windows?

The fault does not lie with your browser or with Windows (or any operating system). It lies with Adobe and Shockwave. :yes:

That would be a non-trivial degree of effort, and it would probably have at least slightly different mechanics - still, it's an option. :yes: If those games are fortunate enough to get remakes, things may turn out a little better.

You could also try and play with a larger window if there's an option for that - I'm not sure how good Shockwave is at resizing though.